Can we all agree with the fact that life is better with Cheesecake. While it is not always feasible to have a bakery around to order this melting dessert, you always have the option of whipping one up yourself. Once you’ve mastered this basic recipe, possibilities in your cheesecake-making endeavours are endless. Add chocolate ganache, fresh berries or just plain old whipped cream, the choice is yours.
So get ready to make a heavenly cheesecake.
• 2 cups of crumbled marie biscuits
• 2 cup of Healthy Alternatives Organic Sugar
• ½ cup of melted butter
• Healthy Alternatives Lake Salt Powder
• 4 packages of cream cheese
• 4 Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country Eggs
• 1 1/3 cup of sour cream
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Prepare The Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Take a lightly greased spring form pan and wrap a aluminium oil in a double layer. Add the crumbs, ¼ cup of sugar, butter and salt in a bowl. Lay this mixture on the bottom of the pan and flatten the same
2. Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes, until lightly browned. Let the mixture cool and reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
Make the Filling:
1. With the help of a heavy duty mixer, beat the cheese for around 5 minutes until creamy. Then add sugar and eggs one after another and keep beating the mixture until the yellow part disappears. Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract and stir at low speed. Keep stirring until the mixture is completely smooth.
2. Pour the mixture in the spring foam pan and place it in a roasting pan. Place the roasting pan in the oven. Add some boiling water in the roasting pan to reach halfway up on the sides of the spring foam pan
3. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the centre is almost set. Turn the oven off but let the cheesecake set in the oven, leaving the door partially open.
4. Remove the spring foam pan and let it cool down for around 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap carefully without touching the top of the cheesecake. Chill it for around 8 to 24 hours.
5. Gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Add the toppings of your choice. Serve.
Have a sweet tooth? Get ready to whip up some delicious dishes by checking out, 5 Minute Dessert Recipes