Dussehra is a festival celebrated with enthusiasm all across the country and is known by different names such as Dasara, Dusshera and Vijaylaxmi. While the celebration and rituals of this festival vary from region to region, food remains the most centre oriented joy everywhere. So gear up and keep these delicious sweets ready to celebrate this festivity with your loved ones.
1. Jaggery Rasgulla
Who doesn’t love the soft rasgullas that melt in your mouth! Prepare this absolute loved festival treat this Dussehra.
• 1 litre milk
• 2 kg Jaggery
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• 800 ml water
1. Take a deep pot and pour the milk and let it boil over medium heat. Then add some lemon juice to curdle the milk.
2. Strain the curdled milk in a muslin cloth and drain all the excess water. Then mash it till the mixture becomes smooth. Make small balls out of it and set aside.
3. Take another pan and boil the water. Then add jaggery into it to make the syrup.
6. Once the syrup is ready, add the small balls in it and let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
7. Take it off the heat and let it cool. Serve.
This classic Indian recipe is a traditional favourite for many of us and no one can just have enough of this delicacy.
• 1 litre milk
• 1 pinch saffron
• 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternative Organic Sugar
• ¼ tsp. rose water ( make fresh rose water by soaking the Healthy Alternatives Organic Rose Petals in water overnight )
• Healthy Alternatives American Almonds
1. Take a deep pot and boil the milk into it. Soak the saffron in 2 tbsp. of milk and set aside.
2. Lower the heat to medium low and keep stirring. Do not forget to scrap the sides of the pan while stirring from time to time.
3. Let the milk get cooked for around an hour. Add sugar, saffron and rose water and cook for another 4 minutes. Your rabri is ready.
4. Pour the rabri in earthen pots for a more traditional display and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
5. You can either serve this delicacy hot or cold.
While you are set with the desserts, we have also solved your gifting woes also. Check out, Exotic Gift Hampers For The Festive Season