It’s almost the weekend and all you want to do is dig into some comfort food, sit back, and relax. What’s better to satiate that craving than a delicious grilled cheese sandwich? Not just any sandwich but we’re talking about one made with handmade artisanal bread, lightly buttered and grilled to the perfect crispiness; cheese oozing out in every bite that you just can’t stop. We are sure this has got you excited about grilled cheese sandwiches! Read on for some finger licking recipes on how to add a twist to your grilled cheese sandwich.
Artichoke Pesto grilled cheese sandwich
Your favorite sandwich with a simple and delicious twist! Homemade pesto and artichoke hearts pair perfectly with melted cheese for an easy weeknight dinner.
For artichoke pesto:
• 1 cup artichoke hearts
• 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
• ¼ cup walnuts
• ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
• Freshly grated zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup Healthy Alternatives olive oil
1.In a food processor, pulse together the artichoke hearts, garlic, walnuts, Mozzarella, zest, lemon juice, and salt until the texture resembles a very coarse meal.
2. While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture forms a saucy, spreadable pesto (you may need a little less or a little more olive oil).
1.Butter the outsides of each slice of bread and lay buttered side down.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto on the inside of each slice. Lay cheese on two of the slices and cover each with the second slice of bread, pesto side down and buttered side up.
3. Heat an electric griddle or large frying pan over medium-low heat.
4. Carefully transfer sandwiches to cooking surface and cook, pressing occasionally with the back of a spatula, until golden brown.
5. Flip and cook the other side, pressing occasionally, until browned. Turn the sandwich back over and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until the cheese has completely melted, about 5 more minutes.
6. Slice in half and serve.
Blackberry Basil grilled cheese sandwich
This Blackberry Basil Grilled Cheese is the perfect combination of savory and sweet! Made with Brie cheese and blackberry, it’s a must try for all sandwich lovers!
1.Place 4 slices of bread on cleaned counter or cutting board
2. Spread a thin layer of brie cheese on each slice of bread
3. Gently mash the blackberries on top of 2 slices of bread
4. Split half the basil between the 2 slices of bread without blackberries
5. Place each slice of bread with basil on top of the blackberry slices
6. Heat a medium skillet or panini press and grease well with spray, butter or oil of choice
7. Place each sandwich on the skillet and press down on each sandwich with a plate or another smaller pan
8. Let the first side cook for 2 to 3 minutes (it should be slightly golden) then turn over to cook the other side
9. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes then cut in half and enjoy.
Quattro Formaggio grilled cheese sandwich
Grilled melted cheese toasted sandwich. What could be more like a food cuddle. This recipe uses 4 cheese, a gooey delight for cheese lovers.
• 1 tablespoons oil for cooking
• 2 tablespoon butter, softened
• 2 slices bread
• 2 tablespoon ricotta cheese
• Small handful shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
1.Heat olive oil in a frying pan over low heat.
2. Spread the outside of both slices of bread with softened butter.
3. Spread the “inside” of each slice of bread with 1-2 tablespoons ricotta cheese, enough to cover the bread about ¼-inch thick. Place the bread buttered-side down in the oil in the pan.
4. Top each slice of bread with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook until bread is toasted and cheese has melted.
5. Remove the grilled bread with cheese to a plate or cutting board. On one slice, cover the melted mozzarella cheese with grated parmesan.
6. Sprinkle crumbled gorgonzola cheese. Season with a little bit of salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
7. “Close” the sandwich with the other slice of grilled bread with cheese. Press together firmly. Allow the sandwich to sit to let the other cheeses to melt and meld.
8. If they don’t melt enough, return the sandwich to the pan over low heat.
Handpick the finest breads and cheese from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or find the nearest store. Click here.