Who doesn’t love cheese? When it comes to comforting recipes that will satisfy your hunger and soothe your soul, cheese always tops the list! Anything and everything with cheese in it give us the feeling of comfort. The tangy, gooey flavour of the cheese can put a smile on anybody’s face.
Read on to find out how to prepare these delicious cheesy dishes at home.
- Classic Scalloped Potatoes With A Cheddar CheeseTopping
Spice up your day with these scalloped potatoes topped with cheddar cheese. The perfect combo of potato and cheese will definitely put you in a food coma. The perfect balance of crispy potato and gooey cheese makes for an absolutely delicious dish which will leave you craving for more.
Read on to make this in the comfort of your home.
- 100 gm potatoes
- 250 ml –full-fat milk
- 25gm butter
- 25gm all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. English mustard
- 100 gm cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, add some water and allow it to boil
- Add in the potatoes and let them cook for about 15 minutes until tender
- In a medium saucepan, heat some butter and stir in the flour and mustard powder
- Allow it to cook for 1 minute before adding in the hot milk and stirring slowly
- Cook for another 10 minutes until your sauce gets a smooth and creamy texture
- Stir in the cheddar cheese until it has fully melted
- Season the sauce with paprika, cayenne pepper and salt
- In a small ovenproof dish, create the first layer of the dish by laying out the potatoes. On top of this, spoon over the cheese sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the cheese sauce
- Place the dish it in the oven and bake until the cheese gets a golden brown tinge and starts bubbling
- Serve hot and enjoy the delicious cheesy potatoes!
2. Easy Cheese Souffle
An extremely creamy, cheesy and delicious cheese souffle for all you cheese lovers! Read on to prepare this recipe at home in no time.
- 50 gm, butter
- 25 gm, breadcrumbs
- 50 gm, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 300 ml of. milk
- 4 eggs
- 100 gm, grated cheddar cheese
- Start by heating the oven to 200 degree Celsius and place a baking sheet on the middle shelf
- Butter the soufflé bowl and sprinkle some breadcrumbs and rotate the dish to ensure the butter is evenly coated
- Tip out the excess breadcrumbs
- In a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the flour and mustard continuously for 1 min before taking off the heat
- Gradually pour in the milk in parts and mix thoroughly until it thickens
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs and separate the yolk and the whites
- Now, beat the egg whites using a clean whisk until peaks form
- Then take a metal spoon and gently stir the whipped whites into the white sauce
- Spoon the mixture into the dish and run a cutlery knife around the edge to give the souffle a good shape
- Place the souffle on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 mins until the top is golden and risen
- Serve immediately!
3. Cheesy French Onion Soup
This oh-so-delicious French onion soup is a must-try! The soup is a burst of sweet, sour and cheesy flavour that is bound to keep you asking for more.
Read on to make this soup your perfect companion on a gloomy day.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp.butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp.salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Diced swiss cheese
- Chives to garnish
- In a medium pot, heat some butter with olive oil
- Add in the sliced onions and continue stirring until tender and translucent
- Make sure the onions don’t turn brown
- Pour in the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper
- Allow it to simmer for 30 minutes
- Heat the oven broiler and ladle the soup into oven-safe serving bowls
- Place a piece of bread on top of the soup
- Layer each slice of bread with shredded jack cheese, diced swiss and parmesan cheese
- Place the bowls on a cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until the cheese bubbles turn brown
- Garnish with chives and serve hot!
Can’t get enough of cheese? Check out A Cheesy Party! for the next party, you are hosting.