What is your new year resolution for this year? We bet, you have a list full of things to get 2021 started but how about going organic? Organic food is grown with the help of using synthetic chemicals such as human-made pesticides and fertilizers. We at Nature’s Basket have organic foods which include fresh produce, meat and dairy products. To jump the health wagon this year, read on below to some of our recipes with some organic products from Nature’s Basket.
- Chicken Avocado Naan Wrap
- ¼ cup Ranch Dressing plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups fully cooked shredded Organic chicken
- 4 pieces naan bread
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 2 avocados sliced
- Lay the naan bread pieces on a flat surface and prepare each naan wrap as follows: Spread about 1 tbsp of Ranch Dressing along the centre of the naan bread.
- Place about 1/2 cup of baby arugula on top of the dressing, then the cooked shredded chicken, followed by the tomato wedges and avocado. Drizzle a little bit of the Ranch Dressing on top and serve immediately.
- For a nice presentation, tie a small length of string around each wrap beforehand.
2. Zucchini Egg Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small zucchini shredded
- 4 breakfast sausages
- ½ roasted red peppers
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- Stir in zucchini and sausage; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
- Gently stir in red peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- Now, with the back of a spoon, make four wells in potato mixture; break an egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium
- Cook covered, 4-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
3. Avocado and Toast
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced ¼ inch thick
- Avocado oil, for cooking
- 1 large avocado
- The juice of ½ a lime
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- Himalayan pink sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with a tablespoon of avocado oil over medium-low heat. Place the sliced sweet potato in the pan, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip and cook 10 minutes more, or until cooked through.
- Make your avocado mash: mash the avocado in a bowl along with the lime and lemon juice and a half a teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Prepare your eggs to your heart’s desire: poached, hard-boiled, over easy – whatever lights you up.
- Now it’s time to make your “toast!” Grab a plate and two slices of sweet potato. Top the sweet potato with a generous amount of avocado smash, then add the egg. Add whatever optional toppings your heart desires, and dig in!
If you are looking for more such organic recipes, you can check out our Quick and Delicious Organic Dinner Recipes.