All the bacon lovers, assemble! When you smell bacon, we bet you cannot escape it. Bacon is basically salt-cured pork meat made from various cuts especially the pork belly. It is eaten as is or as a crispy fried side dish with your main. If you’re a true bacon lover, you’d love it with your every meal. It is used in different forms as a crispy fried side dish, in a chartreuse platter, fried rice and much more.
To prepare and get the best flavour out of bacon, you need a slice of super fresh bacon meat. Nature’s Basket has the finest and fresh assortments of bacon available. Celebrate bacon day with Nature’s basket and head to your nearest Nature’s Basket store or order it online.
In the mood for some bacon? Read on to these lip-smacking bacon recipes that you can prepare at the comfort of your home.
1. Bacon Bolognese
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 3 celery sticks, finely diced
- 200g pack smoked bacon
- 190g jar sundried tomato pesto
- 8-12 basil leaves, shredded
- Boil the spaghetti following pack instructions – Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan
- Add the carrots, celery and bacon, and stir well
- Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins until the veg has softened.
- Tip in the pesto, warm through, then stir through the drained spaghetti with the basil, if using.
2. Tender, Juicy Grilled Chicken with Bacon Blanket
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 slices bacon do not use thick-cut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub half of the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each chicken breast in 2 slices of bacon. Place the chicken breasts, seam side down in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through, basting the chicken occasionally with the pan drippings.
- If you prefer extra crispy bacon, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
3. Bacon and Mushroom Toast
- 200 gms of mushrooms
- 100 gm of bacon
- 50 gm of cream
- 1 cup of curd
- ¼ tsp of red chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 gm of butter
- 2-4 slices of brown bread
- Fry the bacon in butter till crisp and finely chop it.
- Wash and slice the delicious mushrooms.
- Quick fry them in butter and bacon fat.
- Add cream, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Fold in the curd and cook it until reduced.
- Spread the mixture over the toasts and serve piping hot bread toasts with your favourite bacon.
4. Avocado and Bacon Fries
- Preheat oven to 425º. Slice each avocado into 8 equally-sized wedges. Wrap each wedge in bacon, cutting the bacon if needed. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake until bacon is cooked through and crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
If bacon is something you cannot resist? Check out more bacon recipes at Nature’s Basket.
Read more: English breakfast you can make at home.