Turmeric is an Indian spice which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is extremely beneficial for your immune system. It works best for boosting your immunity and is the best known Indian herb as well. We at Nature’s Basket have brought you some of the best raw turmeric dishes to kick off your immune system. Read on to prepare these at your home and protect your health.
- Turmeric Latte
Refreshing, super healthy and delicious to taste. Read on to prepare our version of turmeric latte at the comfort of your home.
- 350 ml of almond milk
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Pinch of black pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and whisk constantly over a gentle heat, ideally with a milk frother if you have one. Once hot, pour into mugs and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon to serve.
2. Turmeric Rice
This vibrant turmeric rice is a fast and easy dish which is perfect for brightening up your weeknight dinner!
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of onion finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1 and ½ cup of chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- Rinse out the rice until the water clears
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat and add olive oil and butter
- When the butter is melted, add in the onion, garlic and saute until softened
- Add rice and turmeric until its combined. Now, pour in the chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste
- Let it simmer for about 15 mins until the rice is well cooked
- Serve with the side of your choice.
3. Turmeric Pancakes
Ever tried turmeric pancakes? They are easy, fluffy and you can whip them up in minutes. Prepare them for your breakfast to build a stronger immunity.
- 200 gms of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of honey
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 200 ml of milk
- 3 eggs
- 25 gms of butter
- Put all of the pancake ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth and lump-free
- Heat a small knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan until melted and foaming. Add 2 tbsp batter to make each pancake and swirl it around into a circle with the back of the spoon
- Cook them for 2-3 mins on one side then flip them over with a spatula and cook for a further minute until golden and cooked through
- Heat oven to its lowest setting, transfer the cooked pancakes to a tray and keep them warm in the oven until they’ve all been fried
- Stack the pancakes up with lemon curd, ginger and fresh fruit slices on top.
4. Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- 2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp of coconut milk yoghurt
- 50 gms gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 bananas peeled
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Peel the turmeric root, if using, and grate
- Put all ingredients in a blender with 600ml water and blend until smooth
- Serve in a bowl with chia seeds or some chopped nuts sprinkled over.
Wanna prepare more such dishes? check out Immunity Building Juices