Fibre is an essential dietary requirement for proper digestion and it also helps you feel full. It helps prevent heart diseases, diabetes, and weight gain. A deficiency of fibre can lead to elevated levels of cholesterol and sugar in the blood. It’s a common misunderstanding that one can only get fibre through leafy vegetables, in fact you get it from many sources such as:
• Soy Beans- protect against birth defects and reduce the chances of diabetes
• Kidney Beans– anti-aging and energy booster
• Lentils– stabilize blood sugar and lower cholesterol
• Nuts– Antioxidants and help in weight loss
• Chia Seeds– high in proteins and keep your heart healthy
• Quinoa– high in iron
• Broccoli– known to help prevent cancer and help reduce cholesterol
• Cabbage– ideal for weight loss and improving concentration
• Mushrooms– boost immunity and are a good source of vitamin D
• Brussels Sprouts– improve DNA stability and prevents cholesterol
• Oranges– known to prevent kidney diseases and protect against cancer
• Pears– contain nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, folate and vitamins C and K.
• Berries- lower blood pressure and are known to prevent Alzheimer’s
• Figs- strengthen bones and help reduce acne A high fiber diet has many benefits, so include a few items in your daily meals.
Check out our entire health range here.