Often people associate plant based recipes to boring and tasteless, but that is not always the scenario. Plant-based eating is not only healthy but is light on the pocket also. It is a fun and varied way to indulge your way into healthy eating. Let’s take a look at some recipes which are easy to prepare.
1. Purple Cabbage Chickpea Boats
Colourful and yummy, make this delicious treat as a family dinner or serve it to your guests. We promise you will not be disappointed.
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 sliced onion
- ½ diced red capsicum
- ½ diced yellow capsicum
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 small red cabbage leaves
- Take a skillet and put the olive oil in it and place it over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, and capsicums and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Fill the cabbage leaves with the chickpea mixture and serve.
2. Cucumber Noodle Soba Salad
Exotic and appealing this dish makes for a perfect healthy hearty meal.
- 1 cup soba noodles
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Honey
- Healthy Alternatives Organic Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- Take a skillet and cook the soba noodles in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse and then mix the soy sauce with it.
- Meanwhile thinly slice the cucumbers until they’re noodle-like. Set the noodles aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice vinegar and the honey and whisk. Coat the cucumber noodles in the dressing and set aside. Mix with the soba noodles. Add the sesame seeds and sriracha sauce as toppings and serve.
Don’t slip out of your newly adopted vegan lifestyle, if craving some dessert then check out, Homemade Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipes