Experiece the gastronomic delights of Italy at your nearest Nature’s Basket Store. As part of our month-long celebration of Italian cuisine, this blogpost features the popular International cheese brand-Zanetti and recipes showing you how to make your food as decadently cheesy as possible!
Zanetti fulfills all your cheesy desires with products ranging from Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grana Padano, Pecorino Romano, Asiago, Mozzarella, Blue Cheese, Gorgonzola, Mascarpon in as many usable forms as blocks, grated/shredded, triangles, cups and much more!
These are just a few excuses to validate your cheese tooth!
1. Nutrition- There is a very high concentration of essential nutrients cheese including high quality proteins and calcium. There are also other elements in cheese such as phosphorous, zinc, Vitamin A, riboflavin, and vitamin B12.
2. Cavity Prevention- Cheese is extremely high in its calcium content. This is the most important thing when it comes to strong teeth. In addition, cheese has a very low content of Lactose. Lactose is a substance that comes from food and can harm teeth.
3. Cancer Prevention- Cheese contains substances called Conjugated Linoleic Acid and Sphingolipids that help prevent cancer. In addition the vitamin B in cheese is good for maintaining body functions and protecting the body from disease.
4. Bone Strength- Cheese is high in calcium content and rich in vitamin B. This is especially good for the bones of children, elderly people, and pregnant and lactating women for strengthening bones and cartilages. the vitamin B in cheese helps the body absorb and distribute calcium.
Visit your nearest Nature’s Basket store, pick up your favourite cheese varieties and use the following recipes for a delectable cheese experience.
Four Cheese Sauce
Time 20 mins, Serves 4-6
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp fresh green chillies minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream and butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until butter melts.
Add Green chillies and stir well. Gradually stir in grated Parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, grated provolone cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Reduce heat to low, and continue to stir just until all cheese is melted.
Serve immediately, over gnocchi, fettuccini, or your choice of pasta. Please note the sauce will thicken upon standing. I serve it with garlicky French bread, and a selection of antipasti such as olives, brined vegetables and vinegared pearl onions to cut through the cheesyness.
Spicy Chorizo Dip
Time 1 hour, Serves 4-6
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp jalapeno peppers, chopped, or more to taste
- 10 slices Chorizo sausage, or as needed
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. In a bowl combine mozzarella, cheddar, mayonnaise, onion, and jalapenos and mix till thoroughly incorporated.
Spread this paste on an ungreased 9×13-inch baking dish, sprinkle with chilli flakes and top with a layer of pepperoni slices. Bake in the preheated oven until the dip is bubbling (about 30-40 mins) and serve hot with crusty bread or tortilla chips.
Time 20 mins, Serves 1 or 2
- 4 slices whole wheat or 7 grain bread,
- 1 cup shredded Scarmozza
- 1/2 cup jalapneo slices
sprinkle cheese on bread slices, top with Jalapeno slices, place in toaster oven and toast or fry with a little olive oil or butter in pan till bread is crispy at the edges and cheese has melted.