Unsure about how to store, cook and clean chicken? Here’s a few simple tips to help you know your chicken.
Storage & Preparation:
• Use moisture proof pouches or bags to freeze chicken.
• Always mark the pouches with the date of freezing.
• Freeze fresh chicken immediately to keep it fresh.
• Fresh chicken should be stored in the refrigerator at 5°C or lower. It should be used within two days of the date on the package and if it is not going to be used within that time, it should be frozen.
• Never thaw chicken at room temperature. Keep the chicken in a bowl of water with the pouch intact and keep changing the water after 30 mins or you could put it in the fridge for defrosting.
• Wash the chicken with filtered water.
• The best way to remove chicken fat is to trim the visible fat with your hands.
• Marinate the chicken with your hands and then put it in a zip lock bag to refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
How To Cook Chicken:
These are some valuable tips that could come in handy while cooking chicken.
• Cooked chicken should never be pink on the inside. Always check the temperature of the meat. It is safe to eat if the internal temperature is approximately 75 degrees.
• If you are cooking a whole chicken, slice a part of the chicken thigh to check if it is cooked, since it is the thickest part of the chicken and takes maximum time to cook.
• If you are reheating cooked chicken, make sure the chicken is piping hot throughout. This is especially important if you are reheating it in a microwave, which doesn’t always cook evenly.
View our whole range of fresh gourmet chicken at www.naturesbasket.co.in