Massaman curry is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry cooked in coconut milk. It can be paired with various meats & vegetables of your choice and is generally eaten with rice.
Here is the recipe to make your Massaman curry.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 3 tablespoons curry paste
• 1 ginger, sliced
• ½ kg boneless chicken, cubed
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons fish sauce
• 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
• 1/3 cup peanut butter
• 1 potato, cut in cubes
• 1 can coconut milk
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1.Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the curry paste and minced ginger, stir for 2 minutes and let it cook.
2. Stir in the cubed chicken, and cook until the pieces turn white on the outside for about 3 minutes. Add in vegetables such as zucchini & peppers and cook until the veggies are soft.
3. Stir in brown sugar, fish sauce, tamarind paste, peanut butter, potatoes, and coconut milk.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender and the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center (about 20 minutes)
5. Add the lime juice and cook for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Get all your ingredients at www.naturesbasket.co.in