Paleo is one of the most influential dietary trends around the globe. Paleo diets are all about eating right and getting the necessary nutrition and not about eliminating food from your diet altogether. Below are 4 easy to make paleo meals that are not just nutrition rich but are delicious too.
Chicken breast with Olive Tapenade
Chicken will give you the necessary proteins you need and olives bring healthful monounsaturated fat to your plate. They also supply skin-protecting vitamin E. Tapenade is a dish like pesto, made using olives and olive oil blended together that will boost the flavour of your chicken.
For Olive Tapenade
1.For Olive tapenade place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
2. Slice the chicken breast into 3 thin cutlets.
3. Peel 3 cloves of garlic and crush lightly with the flat side of a knife.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and add in the 3 cloves of garlic.
5. Cook the garlic for 2 minutes, then add in the chicken cutlets.
6. Cook each side of the chicken cutlets for 3-4 minutes.
7. Top with 1/2 cup of olive tapenade.
Spicy Chicken Sauté tossed with Avocado
This chicken sauté keeps things light and has an eclectic mix of meat and vegetables, so you’ll feel great after eating it. It makes a great lunch, and will surely give you energy to help you through the rest of the day, without a sluggish after lunch feeling.
• 2 chicken breasts, diced
• 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
• 1 Tablespoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• Dash of black pepper
• 1 avocado, remove stone, scoop out and dice
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 2 Tablespoons Healthy Alternatives olive oil
• 1 teaspoon mustard
• Coconut oil to cook chicken
1.Mix the spices together (garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and black pepper).
2. Add the diced chicken breast pieces to the spices and rub spices into chicken pieces.
3. Sauté the spice rubbed chicken pieces in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat.
4. When the chicken is cooked, place on a plate to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Then, place the chicken pieces along with the diced avocado and diced bell pepper into a bowl and gently toss with olive oil, mustard, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles
Who doesn’t like waffles? Here’s a diet which can include waffles too, but of course the healthier kind. This crispy waffle made from sweet potato are a great option meal option in your paleo diet.
• 3 cups grated sweet potato
• 4 eggs whisked
• 1/4 cup chopped spring onions use the green part only
• 3 tablespoons coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Coconut oil for greasing the waffle iron
1.Squeeze out any excess juice from the grated sweet potato and place in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs, spring onions, coconut flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Grease your waffle iron.
4. Use a 1/4 cup to scoop out the batter and gently drop the batter onto the preheated waffle iron and cook according to waffle iron instructions.
5. Continue to until the batter is gone. This should make about 8 waffles
Cauliflower Rice Kale soup
This cauliflower rice kale soup is a crowd pleaser for everyone. It’s Paleo, and vegan, but this soup is just a healthy recipe packed with real food.
• 5-6 cups of cauliflower florets
• 2- 3 tbsp curry powder or curry seasoning (turmeric should be included in the curry seasoning/powder)
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 5-6 tbsp olive oil
• 3/4 cup red onion chopped
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 8 kale leaves with stems removed and chopped
• 2 cups chopped carrots
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
• 1/2 tsp red pepper or chili flakes
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• Salt to taste
1.Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a small bowl, toss your cauliflower florets with the curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and 3 tbsp oil.
3. Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking dish or roasting pan. Place in oven and roast for 20 -22 minutes until tender but not overcooked. slightly under cooked.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. While the cauliflower is cooling, prep the rest of your veggies by chopping them up on cutting board.
6. Next place cauliflower florets in a Food Processor or blender and pulse a few times until the cauliflower is riced.
7. Once all the cauliflower is riced and veggies are chopped, prepare your cooking pot.
8. Place onion, 2 tsp oil, and minced garlic in large stock pot. Sautee for 5 minute.
9. Next add in your broth, milk, veggies, cauliflower rice, and the red chili pepper and black pepper.
10. Bring to a quick boil (make sure milk does get too hot), then simmer for another 20 minutes or so until veggies are all cooked.
11.Add dash of sea salt if desired once ready to serve.
12. Garnish with herbs and nut/seed crackers crumbles.
Hand pick all the ingredients from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or find the nearest store. Click here.