There are some common things people resolve around the New Year. One of them is eating healthy and maintaining it. We often think eating healthy is boring with the same dishes every day. Don’t worry at nature’s basket we have some delicious recipes that’ll help you stick to your New Year’s resolution in a healthy way.
1. Healthy Turmeric Chicken Stew
This one is for those weeknight dinners. This healthy and delicious dish is a perfect blend of turmeric, veggies and chicken which keeps you full for longer. Read on to make this delicious and healthy turmeric chicken stew.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 small eggplant chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger minced
- 2 tbsp. turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- Heat olive oil, over a large skillet on a medium heat
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown for 5 minutes
- Now, take out the chicken and place aside. In the same skillet add – olive oil and onions
- Cook until the onions are translucent
- Once the onions are cooked add the sweet potatoes, eggplant, garlic, turmeric and ginger
- Place the cooked chicken over the veggies and pour water
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- Let it simmer until the stew thickens. Enjoy it with rice or healthy carbs of your choice.
2. Baked Dijon Mustard Salmon
This salmon recipe is super easy to make and perfect go-to recipe for parties and quick dinners. It is packed with protein and is super healthy and delightful.
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tsp. parsley
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, honey and set aside
- In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans and parsley
- Brush each salmon filet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the top of the mixture with bread crumbs
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
3. Easy One Pot Cauliflower Curry
Warming vegetarian one pot stew comes together fast. This cauliflower one pot curry is delicious and super quick to make on lazy nights. Read on to find out the recipe.
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups dried tomato
- 2 cups green peas
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk
- In a large pot, add 2 cups of water and place a steamer in the bottom
- Now, bring the water to boil. Add cauliflower florets in the steamer basket, cover the pot and steam for 6-8 minutes
- Remove the steamer basket and let the cauliflower cool down
- In a skillet over a medium heat add – oil, onions, garlic and sauté until onions turn translucent
- Now, flavour with cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir and combine everything well
- Add the tomatoes, green peas and coconut milk and bring everything to simmer
- Now, add back the cauliflower back to the pot and let it cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or bread of your choice.
These wonderful recipes will definitely help you stick to your new year’s resolution of maintaining a healthy diet.
Buy all the ingredients at Nature’s Basket store today!