With summer making its way into our lives, keeping ourselves energised and hydrated is a must. Watermelons are called the body-healing fruit and have many benefits during the summers. This succulent melon offers tons of nutrients and keeps you hydrated for long, as it contains 92% water. The best thing about this fruit is that it keeps the flab away as well. We have come up with a few watermelon recipes that will keep your A game on during the hot season. Read on to know more about these dishes.
- Watermelon Sorbet
Nothing screams summer like ice cream. Well, this watermelon sorbet will make you forget about your cold drinks and sodas. It is so easy to make and delicious, you will crave for more. With just a couple of steps, you will have this dish ready in no time. Scroll down to know how to prepare this dish.
- 2 cups cubed watermelons
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- Add all the mentioned ingredients into a food processor and blend until it becomes smooth
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and store it in the freezer for 3 hours
- Take the mixture from the loaf pan and blend it again
- Pour the mixture back into the loaf pan and keep it in the freezer for another hour
- Scoop it out and serve!
2. Grilled Watermelon and Cheese Prosciutto
This combination of sweet and savoury will explode in your mouth. Grilling watermelon intensifies the sweetness and adds a smoky flavour to it. With the fruit and barbeque out, there is no better way to celebrate summer. Find out below how to make this dish.
- 1 ½ watermelon quarterly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Ground pepper
- 120g sliced prosciutto
- 120g crumbled blue cheese
- Basil leaves
- 2 tsp. balsamic glaze
- Preheat the grill at 350 degrees F to 400 degrees F
- Brush the watermelon thoroughly with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper as per your convenience
- Grill the watermelon slices without the lid for a minute till the grill traces appear on every side
- Once done, transfer the watermelon slices into a plate and top it off with blue cheese, sliced prosciutto and basil
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the watermelon, and plate it up.
3. Watermelon Cooler
This super easy recipe is one of the most popular summer refreshments. With minimal ingredients as well, this cooler won’t take up much of your time in the kitchen. You can serve this drink in mason jars and carry them around with absolute ease. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days as well. Read below to know how to make this rejuvenating dish.
- 550g watermelon peeled and cubed
- ½ lemon juiced
- Fresh mint leaves
- Place the watermelon in the bowl and mash it till you get a semi-thin consistency
- Add lemon juice and stir it well
- Sieve the watermelon into a big bowl and press and twist from the pulp to extract the remaining juice
- Pour the mixture into the glasses and garnish it with mint leaves to serve.
4.Instant Watermelon Pops
Want to enjoy the simplicity of the watermelon? This recipe can be made effortlessly and serves as a treat in many ways. You can alter the taste as per your choice. Read on to know how to make this quick dish.
- 1 watermelon cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- Fresh lime juice
- Ground red pepper
- Make a small cut on the bottom of the wedges and insert ice-cream sticks into it
- Sprinkle the watermelon with salt, pepper and ground red pepper
- Drizzle lemon juice and honey on top and there you have your dish!
Looking for some more summer treats? Check out Green Summer for some amazing ideas!