Every bride wants to look her best on her big day and all brides these days follow a detox diet to get the perfect glow. But what is detox and how does one go about it?
What is Detoxification?
Detoxification refers to the body’s natural and constant process of getting rid of waste and harmful toxins.
Simple ways to Detox?
1) No More Junk Food: Give up all the fizzy drinks, fried, sugary, and cream-laden treats that you love secretly indulging in. These foods are heavy to digest and cause bloating.
2) Fresh Juice: Avoid ready-made packed juices which are filled with sweeteners and preservatives but low in nutrients. Opt for fresh juices instead to stay hydrated.
3) Smoothies: Add a freshly made juice or smoothie to your daily diet will increase your energy, cleanse your skin and soothe your eyes.
4) More Water, Less Caffeine: Have a bottle of water instead of soda. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee, or any other energy drinks that are highly acidic. You should also squeeze some drops of lemon, or add a slice of lemon or cucumber to your regular glass of water which will also help cleanse your system.
5) Veggies Are A Must: Apart from fruits juices, add some green vegetable juices to your daily diet.
6) Avoid Tea, Stick To Green Tea: Include at least 2-3 cups of green tea in your diet. Not only does it help fight disease by boosting immunity, but also enhances the detoxification process.
7) Wheat Pasta and Quinoa: Replace regular flour with wheat pasta and quinoa which are healthier and digest easily.
Detox Drink Recipes
1.Boil 1 cup of water and add 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
2.Pour the water in a mug and add Healthy Alternatives Cinnamon and Clove infused Honey along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Detox Green Tea
1.Add 1 tablespoon of detox tea in the cup
2. Pour hot water over the tea and let it brew for 3 minutes
3. Add Healthy Alternatives Cinnamon Honey and lemon juice to taste
4. Stir and enjoy
Visit www.naturesbasket.co.in to view our range of fresh fruits, vegetables, green tea and more that’ll surely help you with your detox!