Cucumber, kheera, kakadi, kakdi, kakkarikkari or tar. No matter what name you address it with, cucumber is a summer essential for all of us. With 95% water content and low calorie count, cucumber makes for a great choice to keep your body hydrated and is a good addition in a weight loss plan.
It’s benefits go way beyond cooling:
• Revitalizes skin
• Reduces dark circles
• Reduces Hairfall
• Aids digestion
• Cures hangovers
• Strengthens bones
• Aids in weight loss It can be enjoyed in salads, juices, sandwiches or infused waters.
Here are a few options below to include this in your diet.
• 2 large cucumbers, sliced
• 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
• 1/4 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream or mayo or combination)
• 1 lemon, juice and zest (or 1/4 cup white vinegar)
• 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 clove garlic, grated (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and serve chilled!
Cucumber and Tuna Sandwich
• 8 slices of wholemeal bread
• Butter/ cream cheese spread
• 400 g tinned tuna, drained
• 4 tbsp mayonnaise
• half a cucumber, washed and sliced
• 200 g carrots, washed, peeled and cut into batons
1. Spread butter/ cream cheese of your choice on the bread slices.
2. Mash drained tuna with mayonnaise and spread on 4 of the slices.
3. Top the slices with cucumber, carrot batons and red grape slices.
4. Cut and serve!
Watermelon and Cucumber Cooler
• ½ watermelon cut into large pieces (roughly 4.5 lbs)
• ¼ C. honey
• ¼ cucumber peeled
• ½ C. mint
• 2 limes
• Club soda
1. Top crushed ice with muddled mint in glasses.
2. In a blender add watermelon, honey, cucumber and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the mix into glass and fill ⅔ of the way
4. Squeeze juice from half of lime into each glass
5. Top with a bit of club soda, stir and enjoy! Refresh and rejuvenate yourself with a twist of cooling cucumber in your diet.
Get your stock of fresh cucumber from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or at a store nearest to you. Click here.