When you’re in the mood of a binge watch session, snacking on something is bond to happen. But if you’re looking to binge without the bulge, try these ideas for top-rated snacks that score big for flavour and are healthy, too. They’re also reasonably neat, so few crumbs fall between the cushions. Happy winter sports binge-watching!
1. Movie Star Popcorn
Popcorn without any flavour are the healthiest snacks you can ever ask for! They are rich in fiber and keeps you full longer. If you’re a popcorn lover, read on to get yourself this healthy version of popcorn.
Bake Kale chips
- Heat the oil in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan or pot with a lid set over medium-high heat
- Pour in popcorn kernels and sprinkle enough salt to lightly cover the layer of kernels
- Remember, you can always add more salt later
- Add the butter to the pot and cover with the lid
- As soon as the kernels start to pop, shake the pan back and forth across the burner constantly until the popping slows down
- As soon as the pops are about 2 seconds apart, remove from the heat and pour into a serving bowl
- Taste, and season with additional salt if desired.
2. Baked Kale Chips
In the mood for some chips? Switch your regular potatoe chips with these utterly delicious, healthy and baked kale chips. Read on to binge watch with these healthy chips.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Simple Roasted Chickpeas
Chickpeas are rich in protein, what better way then to consume them in terms of snacks? Pop these crunchy, crispy and spicy chickpeas as a snack everytime you are in the mood to binge watch.
- 2 tbsp.olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- ½ kg chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Preheat an oven to 175degrees Celsius
- Whisk the oil, cumin,garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper together ina small bowl
- Now, add the chickpeasand toss to coat
- Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally until nicely browned and slightly crispy, about 45 minutes.
4. Apple Chips
Don’t be surprised by reading apple chips! Imagine apple pie in the form of chips! That’s right apple chips are healthy, and super delicious to taste. If you try it once, we bet you’re going to reach out for more.
- Preheat oven to 110 degrees Celsius
- Arrange apple slices on a metal baking sheet
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over apple slices
- Bake in the preheated until apples are dried and edges curl up, 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Transfer apple chips, using a metal spatula, to a wire rack until cooled and crispy.
Binge watch your favourite shows this winter with these delicious and healthy snacks. A guilt-free trip to happiness.
To prepare these recipes buy all the ingredients at Nature’s Basket store now!