With mason jars being the new trendsetter, it is now possible to carry your meals in a stylish and convenient manner. These meals are super easy to make along with being really filling. Mason jars keep the food layered and can be used as storage as well. We have come up with some dishes that can be consumed from a mason jar directly. Read on to know more about these recipes and how to make them.
This healthy breakfast recipe is a perfect kickstart to the day. A perfect alternative to the small granola bars, this mason jar recipe is wholesome and delicious. You can make this dish at night and store it in the refrigerator till the next morning to enhance the flavours. Know how to make this recipe with these steps below!
- 3/4th cup Greek yoghurt
- 2/3 cup granola
- 5-6 strawberries
- 50g chocolate bar broken down into small pieces
- In a mason jar, layer the bottom with ¼ cup of yoghurt
- Add the 1/3 cup of granola on top of the yoghurt
- Add two strawberries on top of the granola layer
- Repeat the process again till the mason jar is filled up to the brim, making it ready to serve.
2. Quinoa Salad
This salad recipe features delightful salad toppings, making it totally addictive. With a twist on the normal salads, this jar gives out the texture of a deli-style salad. The ingredients involved are highly durable to handle a week’s sit in the fridge making it highly efficient. Scroll down to know how to make this dish.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 mashed garlic clove
- 2 ½ tbsp. salt
- Lemon juice
- A handful of fresh dill
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
Instructions for quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa under the sink to remove its bitter flavour
- Add water into a pan along with the washed quinoa
- Add 1 tbsp. salt to the pan and increase the flame to medium heat till it comes to a boil
- Reduce the flame for 10-15 minutes till the quinoa soaks the liquid
- Mix it up with a fork till it reaches the right consistency and keep it aside for later use
Instructions for quinoa mason jar salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, water, white vinegar garlic, salt, fresh dill, parsley, and lemon juice to make the dressing
- Layer up the bottom of the jar with the dressing, tomatoes, quinoa and feta cheese on top of one another till it fills the brim of the jar and serve.
3. Prawns and Broccoli Pasta Bowl
Sometimes all you need is a simple and tasty pasta dish. Filled with juicy prawns and crunchy broccoli, this dish has so much flavour that it will make your taste buds go gaga. Keep reading to know how to prepare this dish.
- ¾ cup shredded broccoli
- 1/3 cup whole-grain spaghetti cooked
- ½ cup halved peas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 small prawns
- 30g butter
- 1 ½ tsp. of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. salad dressing
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- ½ sliced small orange
Instructions for Noodles:
- Add water and salt into a pot and bring it to a boil
- Add the spaghetti into the vessel and cook it for 20 minutes till it is al-dente
- Mix the pasta and drain the water out, keeping the pasta on the side.
Instructions for Prawns:
- Heat the oil in a pan at medium flame and add the butter
- Add the prawns and garlic and give it a good stir for about 45 minutes till it is perfectly cooked
- Season it with salt, pepper, and parsley and keep it aside.
Instructions for Prawns and Broccoli Noodle Mason Jar
- In a jar, first layer the shredded broccoli followed by the spaghetti, peas, prawns, and raisins
- Pour in the salad dressing, orange juice and sesame seeds over the salad
- Top it off with green onions as a garnish and serve
Want some more dishes that can be had in a mason jar? Check out Mason Jar Salads You Can Make For Work for ideas!