Who doesn’t love variety when it comes to food? We go to different restaurants to try out the latest that various cuisines have to offer but rarely venture into the art of cooking dishes from different cuisines at home. So instead of waiting around for your meal to be served at a restaurant, why not try out these easy recipes at home that definitely act as a delight to your taste buds.
- Slow-Roasted Salmon
Salmon is known to be rich in Omega 6 and protein. It is one of the easiest food products to make. The resulting dish is so succulent and tender it practically melts in your mouth. Aside from the herbs, this dish is doused with butter which makes the overall aesthetic of the dish an incredibly vibrant one. Read on to get the recipe of this dish.
- 1 thinly sliced medium fennel bulb
- 1 thinly sliced orange, without the seeds
- 1 thinly sliced lemon, without seeds
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno
- 4 Dills Sprig
- 1 tbsp. of kosher salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 kg skinless filleted salmon, cut from the centre
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Toss the fennel, orange slices, lemon slices, jalapeño and dills sprig with 1/2 tbsp. of kosher salt in a baking dish and place it inside a preheated oven of 275 degrees F.
- Season the salmon with ½ tbsp. of kosher salt and place the salmon on top of the bed of baked mixed ingredients. Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture and place it inside the oven again. Roast until the salmon is completely cooked through for 30-40 minutes
- Transfer the salmon onto another plate and cut into large pieces. Extract the fennel mixture and oil from the baking dish on the salmon and discard the dill sprigs
- Season the entire dish with sea salt and garnish with fresh dill sprigs. Your dish is now ready to be served.
2. Persian Herb Frittata
This traditional Iranian dish symbolizes rebirth and fertility and is the perfect dish for an evening with guests. This dish may look very heavy but is far from it. Packed with fresh herbs, it is the perfect starter for your green-themed dinner party. Read below to know how to prepare this dish.
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of flour
- ½ tsp. of turmeric
- ½ tsp. salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of choppeddill
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. of chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. of dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, garlic, turmeric, salt, garlic and a pinch of black pepper
- To the mixture, add the walnuts and cranberries and whisk until combined
- Heat a nonstick skillet over moderate heat and add the butter. Pour the egg mixture in the skillet and spread it evenly. Cook until the eggs start to settle around the edges of the skillet
- Take the skillet off the stove and place it in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes or until the eggs are completely[BK13] . Cut a small slit in the centre of the dish to check if the mixture is cooked through
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for 5 minutes to give it time to cool down
- Cut the cooked mixture into wedges and transfer them onto a plate. Drizzle some plain yoghurt over your wedges to give it a cool burst of flavour. Your dish is now ready!
Looking for more gourmet recipes that can be prepared at home? Check out How To Make Gourmet Desserts At Home for some amazing ideas!
[BK13]Completely what? Please add the word that is missing.