Your salad could get much healthier, just by adding one more ingredient! Buckwheat, also known as ‘Kuttu’ is a Gluten-free superfood that gives your salad a super touch! It is high in protein and natural fiber, supports weight loss and controls blood sugar levels too. Buckwheat also has potassium that is good for your heart. The best part, you can practically add it to any dish and boost your health!
Here’s a recipe for Buckwheat Garden Salad that’ll do your health good:
- 1 cup Healthy Alternatives buckwheat groats
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ chayote, finely dices
- 12 large green olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 50g Healthy Alternatives walnut, chopped
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Healthy Alternatives olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
1.In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add buckwheat groats, reduced heat, cover and cook until all water has absorbed, about 10 minutes.
2.Remove lid and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. You can also cook your buckwheat groats the previous day and let them cool overnight.
3.Add all ingredients, including cooled buckwheat to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
4.Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight) to allow for flavours to develop.
You can get lazy when it comes to exercise, but healthy eating is probably the easiest way to get fit. Visit www.naturesbasket.co.in and view our range of Healthy Alternatives so that you can change your bad-for-you-lifestyle with good-for-you-food! Also, you can shop from a wide range of Indian grocery online.