Which dairy products are actually healthy for you?
Word on the street is that dairy is unhealthy. Well, we are here to prove that theory wrong! How many times have people told you that you shouldn’t eat cheese on a diet? Even though we have been led to believe otherwise, cheese does have many health benefits.
Dairy products contain many nutrients as well as vitamins which are essential for healthy living. They are known to prevent heart disease as well as cancer. Dairy products have various benefits and if consumed in the right quantities can certainly boost your health. Let’s find out how to do that!
Hard cheese is basically aged cheese. This cheese is crumbly and dry, but not shriveled up. It’s great for crumbling as well as grating.
Some of the most popular types of hard cheese are Italian, like Parmigianino, Grana Padano, and Pecorino Romano. Parmigiano-Reggiano, in particular, can be grated on top of pastas and soups to add a nice salty flavour.
Pros Of Eating Hard Cheese:
• This cheese is high in protein as well as calcium and is very low in fat.
• It has a large concentration of vitamins and minerals which include calcium, vitamin B12, sodium, and phosphorus.
• These minerals have a variety of functions such as strengthening bones, protecting your heart and maintaining your blood pressure.
• Hard Cheese is very versatile and can be added to most dishes.
Can’t get over cheese? Watch this parmesan penne arrabiata recipe.
Fat-free or low-fat yogurt is a really healthy option to have during a meal or as a snack as it is packed with probiotics. Yogurt can also be used to satiate your sweet cravings. For a healthy indulgent dessert, use Healthy Alternatives Probiotic Greek yogurt as a frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
Pros Of Eating Yoghurt:
• Yogurt May Help Prevent Osteoporosis as it has calcium as well as vitamin D which are the essential nutrients that are involved in the osteoporosis treatment.
• Low-fat yogurt is said to reduce blood pressure by a considerable amount.
• Yogurt that contains active cultures will help certain gastrointestinal conditions, including lactose intolerance, constipation, diarrhea, colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease.
• It also helps with vaginal infections
Low Fat Milk
Low-fat milk is really healthy as a nutritious, filling beverage. Use low-fat milk in your smoothies to kickstart your day. You can also add protein powder to low-fat milk for a great post workout meal.
Pros Of Having Low-Fat Milk:
• It has a very low content of fat and calories.
• It has a high level of protein which reduces the risk of obesity as it boosts metabolism and helps maintain lean muscle mass.
• Low-fat cow’s milk is packed with bone-strengthening nutrients like calcium, vitamin D and phosphorous. It is also a source of riboflavin, vitamin B-12, and vitamin A.
Butter is an ingredient which can turn the most unappetizing meals to the most appetizing ones. Butter has been blamed for obesity as well as heart disease but in recent studies, butter has proven to be one of the healthiest dairy products around. It has many health benefits if eaten in moderation.
Pros Of Having Butter:
• Butter has lots of soluble vitamins such as vitamin A, E, and K2. K2 helps with calcium metabolism and a low intake has been linked with many serious diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and osteoporosis.
• Butter contains a lot of healthy soluble fats which help increase fat burning.
• Butter also lowers heart attack risks as compared to Margarine.
• Butter is Rich in Conjugated Linoleic Acid which increases metabolism as well as burns fat. This acid also has anti-cancer properties.
Get all the Dairy Products you need here.
For some healthy substitutes for your desserts or snacks click here