How weird is the fact that when we talk about a date, it can either be a romantic outing with someone or what this article is actually about. A small fruit that grows on palm trees, mainly in the tropical regions of the world. Dates are fairly small in size and come in a range of color. Medjool and Deglet are the most commonly used variety of dates.
Dates are sweet and chewy. They are also high in some important nutrients and have a variety of advantages and uses.
1. Bone Health
Dates are packed with significant amount of minerals which are useful in strengthening bones and curing diseases such as osteoporosis. Magnesium, copper and manganese are few minerals found in dates which contribute to healthy bone development and strength.
2. Relieve Constipation
People suffering from constipation are often told to eat dates as they are also classified as laxative food. It is told to soak them overnight, in order to achieve the desired laxative effect. They have high levels of soluble fiber which absorb water as it transits through the intestinal interact, hence promoting healthy bowel movements and helping in digestion.
3. Promote Weight Gain
If you are looking to gain weight, then this fruit will help you in achieving the same as it is packed with sugar, vitamins and proteins. It is said that when consumed with cucumber, dates also help you keep your weight at a normal balanced level.
4. Maintains Healthy Nervous System
Being a good source of vitamins, dates boosts the functionality and health of the nervous system. Being abundant in potassium, the fruit helps in increasing the speed and alertness of the brain as well.
5. Healthy Skin
Vitamins C and D present in dates help in improving elasticity of your skin and keeps it smooth. The anti-oxidants present in dates comes with anti-ageing benefits so eating it every day will be good for you in the long run.
Cooking with Dates
1.Chocolate covered dates
This easy to make dessert is sure to make it to your list of favourite desserts. So next time when your guests come unannounced, make this dessert your go to for a welcome sweet.
• Stuff each Healthy Alternative Saudi Date with the nut of your choice. Melt L’Exclusif-Premium Chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
• Using a skewer, dip each date in chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall off by carefully rotating the skewer. Place dipped date on a plate and voila!
2. Dates and Oatmeal
Spice up your plain old oatmeal, by adding this natural sweetener to the recipe.
• Boil milk in a medium saucepan. Once the milk is boiling, add Healthy Alternatives-Steel Cut Oats and chopped Healthy Alternatives-Saudi Dates to a pan, stir & cover
• Let the oats simmer for about 15 minutes. Pour in a bowl of your choice, top with vanilla extract, Healthy Alternatives-Organic Cinnamon Powder and any of the other toppings
Loving the monsoon? This 4 Gourmet Foods To Keep You Cozy This Season will make you fall in love with the weather more!