Summer is here and it’s the perfect time to throw your very own summer soiree. And what is a summer soiree without the perfect summer drinks? Prepare these tasty, refreshing and fun drinks for your family using a handful of magical ingredients.
Melon Ball Punch
If there is another name for this, it would definitely be “Bottled up summer”. This mocktail brings together juicy melon balls with the punch of tart lime slices and the freshness of mint leaves. These fresh ingredients infuse their flavours very quickly elevating the flavour of the drink.
• 500 ml Sparkling white grape juice
• 1.5 cups clear lemon flavoured soda
• 1 cup lemonade
• 1 small watermelon
• 1 small muskmelon
• 1 small honeydew melon
• Fresh mint leaves
• 2 limes, sliced
- In a pitcher stir lemonade, grape juice and soda together and chill in the refrigerator.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the fleshy melons and place on foil and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Once frozen, add the melon balls to the pitcher along with mint leaves and lime. Stir the mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This would allow the flavours to infuse.
- Add frozen melon balls as ice cubes and serve.
Kiwi Blueberry Mojito
Why serve your guests the same old colas on your summer soirees when you can hit them up with the freshest of the season. Kiwi blueberry mojito is an unusual twist to your classic mojito that is sure to elevate the mood of your summer parties.
• 6 kiwis, peeled and cut in pieces; 4 kiwis for garnishing
• 150 gms blueberries, to be crushed; 150 gms blueberries for garnishing
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• ½ cup sugar
• 100 gms mint leaves
• 3 ½ cups of sparkling water
• Ice as needed
- Pulse the kiwis in a puree with lime juice and sugar. Combine the puree with sparkling water to get a smooth puree.
- Crush the blueberries gently using a muddler.
- Rub lemon on the rim of the glasses to moisten them and then cover them with blue green sugar/sprinkles.
- Pour the kiwi puree in a pitcher, add a layer of ice, a handful of mint leaves and kiwi slices. Add another layer of ice and then top with crushed blueberries and mint leaves. Pour in sparkling water and gently stir and serve.
You can make the drink in individual glasses or mason jars too.
Drink Pink Mocktail
Enjoy the warm days with a cool drink to sip on. This pink drink, perfect for a sundowner is very easy to make. You can stir up this drink in minutes and its attractive colour is sure to have the glasses raised.
• 300 gms fresh raspberries
• 1 cup fresh lemon juice, chilled
• 1/2 cup cold water
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or to taste)
• 1/2 cup honey HA honey
• 1 liter sparkling water or club soda, chilled
• Fresh mint and ice, for serving
- In a food processor, puree the raspberries. Strain the puree through a fine mesh into a bowl.
- In a pitcher dissolve the sugar in water. Add honey and stir thoroughly. Pour in the raspberry mixture and add the lemon juice and stir again.
- Add the soda, stir and serve chilled over ice and mint.
5 Ingredient mango lemonade
With the sun shining bright in the sky, prepare this sun-kissed drink with the king of fruits for your guests in summer dresses and aviators. This delicious drink can be made with just 5 ingredients. All that you will need is mentioned below.
• 2 cups/ 500 ml Mango pulp made with Alphonso mangoes
• ½ cup sugar
• ¾ cup of water
• 1 large lemon
• Mint leaves
- Add sugar to the water over medium heat and stir until completely dissolved. Once done, allow it to cool.
- Combine the mango pulp with the lemon juice and 3/4th of the sugar syrup. If you would like it sweeter, add more sugar.
- Load the glasses with ice, and pour the chilled mango lemonade on them. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Get the freshest ingredients for your summer soiree only from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or find the nearest store. Click here.