Summer is finally here and so is our favourite fruit of all time, the king of fruits – Mango. This sweet, tangy and juicy fruit has its own fan base and we cannot wait to share the delicious recipes you can make with it. We at Nature’s Basket have put together some of the delicious and most loved recipes with Mango for you. Read on to prepare these at home.
- Mango Cheese Cake
A cheesecake with Mango? Yes, please! The holy union of two of your favourite dishes is a match made in heaven. Read on prepare this at the comfort of your home.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large very ripe mangoes
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Sliced peeled pitted mangoes
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius
- In a springform pan, lightly brown the butter for 2 3/4-inch-high sides
- Now, stir cracker crumbs and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened
- Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of the prepared pan
- Bake until crust is set, about 12 minutes and cool completely
- Maintain the oven temperature
- Now, puree the mangoes in a processor until smooth and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth
- Now, add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition
- Followed by 2 cups of mango puree and beat until well blended
- Pour the filling over the crust in pan and bake the cake until it is set for about 1 hour 25 minutes
- Now, cool the cake for 1 hour and refrigerate uncovered overnight
- Run small knife between cake and sides of pan to loosen
- Now, remove pan sides and transfer cake into a platter.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sliced mangoes and serve!
2. Mango Salsa
Make this simple and delicious salsa with just 4 ingredients. Read to serve this at your next Mexican themed party!
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1-2 jalapenos
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1. Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 2. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 days
3. Mango Muffins
Cupcakes are everyone’s favourite and incorporating Mango with them takes the taste up a notch! Read on to prepare these muffins at home.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups mango – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Now, grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, and butter until smooth
- Now, stir the flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is moistened
- Fold the mango into batter until combined
- Now, evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean after 5 minutes.
Do you love mango as much as we do? Check out Mango Mania – Desserts Galore