This convenient food is believed to be invented by a British Statesmen in the 17th century who was a notorious gambler and would not get up from his gaming table to take a supper. It has been marked as one of the greatest inventions and is also a popular street food in India. From pan fried to club sandwiches, these best lunch sandwich recipes don’t disappoint us.
1. Pan Fried Vegetable Sandwich
What comes to your mind after a long tiring day? Obviously, this easy to do stir fried vegetable sandwich. It is delicious as well as healthy. It includes everything that would quickly satisfy your hunger and wouldn’t add on to the fat content of your body. The preparation includes:
- Slices of Brown Bread-L’exclusif for sandwich.
- 1 small Carrot, diced.
- 1 medium Potato, small diced.
- 50 grs French Beans-Organic, thinly sliced.
- 50 grs Parsley- Nature’s Basket, roughly chopped.
- 1/2 medium Onion, roughly chopped.
- 2 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped.
- 1/4 tsp Organic Black Pepper Whole- Healthy Alternatives.
- Salt- Tata as needed.
- Pure Olive oil- Figaro for sautéing.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan, start sautéing onion, garlic, pepper powder and salt.
- Add carrot, potato, long beans, parsley to the pan and sauté until veggies are soft.
- Take 1 sheet of bread slice and place it on the plate, take some veggies and put on top of the bread.
- Take another bread slice and stack it as well.
- Heat it in the toaster for some time and then it’s ready to be served.
2. Mozzarella Sandwich
Mozzarella feels so good on your tongue. The thought of this ingredient melting inside your mouth along with the bread is so tempting. Wouldn’t you love to have this sandwich cooked at your home too? For that, follow this simple recipe.
- Canola Oil-Borgers
- 12 oz. sliced Mozzarella-Arla
- 8 slices Brown Bread-L’ Exclusif (crusts removed)
- Salt- Tata
- Organic Black Pepper Whole- Healthy Alternatives.
- ½ cup Organic Wheat Maida- Healthy Alternatives
- 2-3 Free Range Country Eggs- Healthy Alternatives
- 1 cup plain Brown Bread-L’ Exclusif crumbs.
- Optional: pesto sauce (for serving)
- Pour oil to a depth of in an oven. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Divide mozzarella slices among 4 slices of bread. Season with salt and pepper, and cover with the remaining cheese slices to make 4 sandwiches. Trim the crusts.
- Take out 3 bowls and place the flour in one bowl, the eggs (cracked and whisked) in another and the breadcrumbs in the last bowl. Scour each sandwich in flour, coat in eggs and then in breadcrumbs before putting them on the frying pan.
- Fry until brown, about few minutes on each side.
- Let each sandwich rest for about a minute after it’s been removed from the oil, then serve it with sauce.
3. Crunchy Chicken Sandwich
What comes to your mind when you think about chicken? Something which you cannot live without and has to be included in all your dishes. Similarly, a crunchy chicken sandwich is appropriate for all those chicken lovers having bad days. Here is a quick recipe for the same.
- 2 boneless, Chicken Breasts Boneless- Always Fresh halves
- 1 cup Barbeque sauce-Veeba
- 1 cup Organic Wheat Maida- Healthy Alternatives.
- 2 large Free Range Country Eggs- Healthy Alternatives, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned Brown Bread-L’ Exclusif crumbs
- Canola Oil-Borgers
- 4 Burger Buns-L’exclusif, split
- 4 Lettuce Green Leaf-Exotic
- 1 Tomato – cored and thinly sliced
- 12 pickle chips
- Cut chicken in half horizontally; pound until cutlets are thick. Place in a zip lock bag with 1/2 cup sauce. Mix, seal bag and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet in oven; preheat to some degrees. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Scrape off excess sauce from chicken. Dredge each cutlet in flour, egg and crumbs, in that order.
- Add some oil to a large skillet. Warm over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets in batches until browned on both sides. Place on rack in oven.
- Serve cutlets in buns with toppings and sauce.
4. California Club Sandwich
Are you really hungry but also lazy to cook something time consuming? Well, then you should binge on a club sandwich which is nearly a two or three layered sandwich. It would make your stomach really full and your heart happy. You shall follow this method for prepping the same.
- Green Capsicum cut into thin strips 1 medium
- Carrots peeled and grated 1 medium
- Cabbage- Nature’s Best grated 1/4 medium
- Tomatoes sliced 2 medium
- Cucumber Green sliced 1 medium
- Brown Bread-L’ Exclusif toasted 12
- Tuna In Mayonaise- OCEAN SECRET 1/4 cup
- Salt- Tata to taste
- Organic White Pepper Whole- healthy Alternatives Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Pineapple cut into small pieces 2 slices
- Butter- Amul 4 tablespoons
- Lettuce Green Leaf-Exotic 1/2 bunch
- Go Cheese Slice- Plain 4
- Mix mayonnaise with capsicum, carrot and cabbage. Add pineapple pieces to it. Season well. Apply butter on all the toasted bread slices back and forth.
- Place four slices of bread, single side buttered, on a board. Arrange half of the lettuce leaves on them, keep some mixture aside for serving as accompaniment and spread the remaining evenly on all the four slices.
- Arrange another layer of bread slices, both sides buttered, on it. On this bread slice place the remaining lettuce leaves, tomato and cucumber slices, sprinkle some seasoning and place cheese slices.
- Cover with the final layer of toasted bread slices, single side buttered. Lightly press with palm to set the ingredients well.
- Using a very sharp knife cut the edges of the sandwich diagonally. Serve with remaining mixture and potato chips/fries.
Also interested in some of our other healthy recipes? Do check out, California Grape and Iceberg Lettuce Wraps.