Sweet, juicy and absolutely delicious, who doesn’t like Lychees! Lychees are native to China but are grown in tropical climates worldwide, especially in Southeast Asian countries like India. These tiny fruits are rich in Vitamin C and Iron, and hence it is necessary to include them in your diet. Here are three delicious ways to enjoy this exotic fruit during the rainy season.
1. Banana and Lychee Pudding
This easy to whip up dessert recipe can be made in a jiffy and without much hassle. The taste is so wonderfully sweet that one might start finding it addictive. Serve it hot or cold, depending on the weather or your mood.
1. Slice the banana into sections of roughly two inches.
2. Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan, over medium-high heat.
3. Add the sugar in the pan and stir until dissolved.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. Continue stirring until the bananas, and lychees are warm. Serve hot or refrigerate.
2. Lychee Lemonade
Give a twist to your taste buds, by adding lychee to the classic lemonade. There is nothing like a refreshing drink after a long day. So whip this up the next time you have guests over.
1. Peel the lychee and discard the seeds. Then puree it in a blender.
2. Add lemon juice, sugar and water in the lychee purée and mix well.
3. Garnish with mint leaves and add a few ice cubes.
4. Serve chilled.
3. Lychee Salsa
With an interesting blend of flavours and textures, this mind-blowing salsa is an excellent starter and goes really well with lavash. Quick and easy to make, this can be an excellent dish for a game night or as an evening snack.
● 1/2 cup finely chopped lychee
● 1/2 cup chopped green apples
● 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion
● 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Apple Cider Vinegar
● 1/2 tsp. oregano
● 1/2 tsp. finely chopped green chillies
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl. Then using the potato masher, lightly mash.
2. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Enjoy this delicious fruit in these multiple delectable ways!
Monsoons are here and so is snacking season. Want to start munching on more healthy stuff? Check 5 Superfoods That Will Boost Your Immunity This Monsoon