A Pomegranate is a true gem of a fruit, with its jewel-like seeds and sweet-tart juice elevates all kinds of recipes including salad, smoothies, meat and much more.
Filled with nutrients like potassium, vitamin C, fibre and protein, pomegranates are also one of the healthiest fruits on earth. It helps in digestion and is also a great source of energy. With so many benefits and nutritional value, it is only smart to add this to your diet!
1. Cucumber and Pomegranate Salsa
Salsa makes a great accompaniment to a variety of meals, and what better way to make it than by incorporating the super-food, pomegranates!
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 diced cucumber
- 2 finely diced tomatoes
- 1 finely diced green capsicum
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- ½ bunch of finely chopped mint
- ½ bunch of finely chopped coriander
- 1 bunch finely sliced spring onions
- Healthy Alternatives Lake Crystal Salt
- Grounded Healthy Alternative Organic Black Pepper Whole
- Olive oil
- 1 lime juice
- Cut the pomegranate in half with a sharp knife, and with your fingers gently prise free the seeds, pulling any pith as you go.
- Mix the seeds together with all the other ingredients and blend well. Cover and chill until needed.
2. Pomegranate chicken with almond couscous
Get creative and jazz up some chicken fillets with this delicious sweetly spiced sauce with pomegranate seeds and almonds.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 200g couscous
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large thinly sliced red onion
- 600g chicken mini fillets
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- Healthy Alternatives Cold Pressed Juice Pomegranate
- 1 pomegranate seeds
- 100g Healthy Alternatives Finest Mamra Almond
- In a bowl, put the couscous and crumble half of the stock cube. Pour some boiling water over the bowl, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, adding the onions to it. After they soften, push them aside and add the chicken fillets to turn brown. Stir in the sriracha and the pomegranate juice, then crumble the remaining stock cube. Simmer until the sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked.
- Now fluff the couscous with a fork and stir the almonds and mint into it. Serve the chicken on the couscous with the sauce spooned over. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
3. Pomegranate Blueberry Banana Smoothie
A perfect way to start with your day is gulping down this action-packed powerhouse smoothie.
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 chopped banana
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Honey
- 1 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Chia Seeds
- Put everything into the blender and blend until smooth. Easy-Peasy!
On a healthy retreat and looking for some delicious recipes? Look no further and check out Easy Recipes With Chia Seeds