An egg is one such food item which can be eaten at any time of the day. Eggs are super healthy and keep you full for longer. They are part of almost all the cuisines around the world which have multiple ways to cook them. From regular omelettes to Spanish omelettes we have 3 ways for you to cook them. Read on to prepare eggs in a unique way for breakfast.
- Breakfast Burrito
Easy, delicious and a Mexican twist to your regular eggs. Read on to prepare this Mexican inspired egg burrito for breakfast.
- 1/2 lb. tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 c. packed cilantro
- Kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. fat-free refried beans
- 4 large tortillas
- In a large cast-iron or another heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp and drain on the paper towel
- Remove all but 1-2 tablespoons drippings from the pan
- Now, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium heat and pour in the egg mixture
- Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains and remove from the heat
- Spoon about 1/4 cup egg mixture onto the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, bacon and green onions. Roll into burritos
- Freeze option: Cool eggs before making burritos
- Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in an airtight container
- To use, remove foil and place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate
- Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds.
2. Cheese and Egg Toast Sandwich
Nothing can beat a simple egg and cheese toast sandwich. Read on to prepare this for breakfast within minutes.
- Start by brushing the bread slices with butter
- Now, on medium heat add some butter and allow it to melt
- Once, the butter is heated and in the eggs and cook until nice and creamy
- Once they reach a thick creamy consistency then season with salt and pepper
- Top one slice of the bread with cheese and the other with eggs
- Toast on a pan for about 6 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Serve as a simple and quick breakfast.
3. Spanish Potato Omelette
Who said omelettes can be boring? Try this Spanish omelette and take your breakfast up a notch!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 lb. golden potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8″ thick slices
- 1 1/4 c. olive oil
- ● 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Scrape 500g new potatoes or leave the skins on, if you prefer. Cut them into thick slices and chop 1 onion
- Heat 150ml extra-virgin olive oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Keep on stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened
- Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl and set the strained oil aside
- Beat 6 eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley and plenty of salt and pepper
- Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan
- Top everything into the pan and cook on a moderate heat and use a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes
- Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape
- Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Are you someone who eats eggs every day? check out 3 Ways To Eggs for Dinner