Did you have a long day at work? Too tired to make food but craving a sumptuous dinner? We at Nature’s Basket have got you sorted! We have picked out 3 easy and absolutely delightful recipes for you to make when you are in a rush or just having a bad day. Read on to prepare these super easy recipes that you’ll love and just cannot stop eating it.
- Pizza Quinoa Casserole
Pizzas have never been healthier! Why feel guilty when you can eat healthily? Presenting the unique Pizza Quinoa Casserole which is here to save the day when you’re craving!
- 1 tbsp.olive oil
- ½ kg Italian turkey sausage
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup, quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust on a medium heat
- Now, add the oil. When the oil is hot, cook and stir sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, 5-7 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbs; drain
- Stir in the mushrooms and chicken broth
- Next up, add quinoa and lock the lid; close pressure-release valve
- Now, adjust to pressure-cook on high for 2 minutes. Quick-release pressure
- Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and green pepper, cover and let stand until pepper softens slightly for about 5-10 minutes
- Sprinkle servings with cheese. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
2. Easy Chicken Potpie
There’s no meal more filling and wholesome than homemade chicken pot pie – The ultimate comforting main course meal which the entire family will love. Read on to prepare this easy recipe at home.
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup, all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ¾ cup of milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat
- Now, add the onion, cook and stir until tender
- Next up, stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended and gradually whisk in broth and milk
- Now, bring to a boil, stirring constantly cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened
- Stir in chicken and vegetables
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; place crust overfilling
- Trim, seal and flute edges and cut slits in crust
- Lastly, bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly
3. Honey Pecan Chicken Breasts
Sweet, nutty and delicious – this absolute stunner can be a winner at your next party. It can be served as a welcome dinner and much more.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, pound the chicken and sprinkle all the seasonings
- Now, in another pan, heat some butter over medium heat and add in the chicken
- Allow the chicken to cook for 6-8 minutes, until no longer pink and turned brown on both sides
- Now, drizzle with honey and pecans and cook until chicken is nicely glazed for about 2-3 minutes.
Easy peasy? Make any of these delicious main course meals when on a time crunch! What are you waiting for? Grab all the ingredients at Nature’s Basket store quick and easy main course recipes, main course dishes, quick and easy meals now.