Chef Kishi Arora was kind enough to share some gooey, chocolatey Valentine recipes in time for the day of love! Savour them with those you love. We wish you a Happy Valentine’s day!
- 200g dark
- 80g mango pulp
- 10g cream
- 10g honey
- 15g butter
Cocoa powder for coating.
- Add the chocolate to a steel mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the passion fruit pulp, cream and honey and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Pour this over the chocolate and stir it, until it all comes together – there should be no pieces of chocolate and the ganache should look thick and shiny.
- Add the butter while still warm, and stir it until it has melted into the ganache, making it even shinier.
- Refrigerate the ganache for 20-30 minutes.
- Line a tray with foil and then spoon a teaspoon of the chilled ganache on it. Now, roll the irregular mass of chocolate ganache into a ball. Not too much, just enough for it to have a smooth surface area. Refrigerate it again for 10 minutes.
- Next, sift a tablespoon of cocoa powder in a plate and roll the truffle balls in the cocoa powder. Toss the truffles in a sieve and shake of the excess cocoa powder.
- Pop them into your mouth!
Heart Shaped Nutty Fudge
- 400 gm sweetened condensed milk (1 tin Nestle Milkmaid)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 150 gm mixture of cashew nuts/raisins/almonds
- ½ cup cocoa
- 50 gm Unsalted butter
- Pour Milkmaid into a thick bottomed pan
- Add butter, sugar, cocoa and nuts.
- Swirl gently on medium heat till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour evenly into a buttered dish and allow cooling and setting.
- Cut into heart shape with a cutter and toss in icing sugar.