Summers can be sultry and often tend to reduce your appetite. We all want to stay as far away from heat sources and include as many refreshing dishes in our diet as possible. Fruits and veggies are a great source of many essential nutrients that tend to be consumed in smaller quantities, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate (folic acid). With this in mind, here are some quick no-cook healthy summer salad recipes to keep you going this week. Prepare these in the morning and enjoy on-the-go.
Strawberry spinach salad
Enjoy a crispy spinach salad with bursts of sweetness from fresh summer fruit and buttery avocado. Tossed in a sweet and tangy vinaigrette and topped with crunchy nuts and cheese, this salad is a must try to tingle your taste buds.
- 4 cup fresh strawberries,
- 1 1/2 cup baby spinach torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 (5 ounce) packaged blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup HA olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1.In a pint sized jar combine all the dressing ingredients.
2. Cover it and shake until well combined.
3. Set it aside.
4. In a large bowl combine the spinach, onions, strawberries and blueberries.
5. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss it thoroughly.
6. Add avocado, cheese and pecans on the top.
7. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
Plum and peach tropical salad
Begin your meal with a salad packed with the goodness of vegetables. Loaded with high amount of essential nutrients and vitamins this flavourful salad is a must try and will be ready in a jiffy. Red wine vinegar balances the sweetness of ripe fruit, while basil and cilantro add a floral dash to this fresh summer salad.
- 4 plums, pitted and cut
- 4 peaches, pitted and cut
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced,
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaves
- HA olive oil, for drizzling
1.In a bowl toss peaches & plums with 2 tbsp. lemon juice and vinegar.
2. Transfer the mix into a serving dish.
3. Add the remaining juice, onion and 2 tsp salt into bowl, toss them thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle the onion mixture over fruit and leave the juice in the bowl.
5. Add Basil & cilantro into a bowl.
6. Add salt and pepper for seasoning, toss them to combine and scatter over fruit.
7. Drizzle it with olive oil & black pepper.
Berry salad with honey mascarpone
Spoil your loved ones this summer with a stress-free, simple, fresh yet indulgent salad. A mix of fresh fruits enveloped in honey mascarpone indulges you in a sweet and tangy velvety salad, we are sure you’ll reach out for another helping.
- 3 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Zest from one lemon
For Honey Mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup mascarpone, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
1.Whisk together all the Honey Mascarpone ingredients until smooth.
2. Add strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and grapes into a large bowl.
3. Add Honey Mascarpone mixture into the fruit bowl and gently mix together until well combined.
4. Drizzle it with Lemon Zest.
(PS: Incase you’re one who likes getting a little fancy, this salad makes the perfect filling for a lettuce wrap for added freshness!)
Mixed fruit salad
With layers of grapes, apples, blackberries, pineapples and crunchy pecans, meet the most summery salad ever. We are sure this is going to be your new summer obsession. Simply add in the fruits to make this salad, or mix with a sweet, delicious dressing for a dessert to remember.
For the honey-lemon yogurt dressing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons HA honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup HA greek yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
For the fruit salad
- 2 cups thinly sliced apples
- 2 cups grapes
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapples
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup halved pecans
1.Mix yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey in a small jar.
2. Stir or shake well to blend.
3. Stack all the frits one above the other in a large salad bowl and add pecans on the top.
4. Pour the entire yogurt mixture into the fruit salad and mix thoroughly to enjoy.
Toss up your favourite no cook summer salads with the freshest ingredients from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or find the nearest store. Click here.