Avocados can be termed as the favourite fruit of all millennials. There is no one who has not tried this exotic delicacy. Be it in the form of dips or spread over your toast, avocado is a pretty favourable fruit. With benefits such as healthy digestion, care for liver and kidney, avocado is a fruit with growing popularity.
Now what if we told you to forget salads and sandwiches, you can now enjoy an avocado as a soup!
Just follow this simple recipe to make yourself a delicious bowl of comforting Avocado and Tomato Soup.
Creamy Avocado And Tomato Soup
Whip this soup with simple ingredients at the end of a long day when all you require is some comfort and a delightful meal.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¾ cup chopped Onion
- 2 minced Garlic Cloves
- Juice of 10 Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Sugar
- ½ tsp. grounded Healthy Alternatives Organic Black Pepper Whole
- 2 ripe, fresh, pitted and peeled Avocados
- ½ tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic
- Take a large pot and heat the oil in it over medium heat. Add the onion and cook till it turns translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato juice, tomato paste, sugar, pepper and dried thyme.
- Now pour in the broth and increase the heat to medium-high, bringing the soup to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Let it then cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut one and a half avocado into cubes and add to cooled tomato mixture. Then with the help of a blender, puree the tomato and avocado mixture until smooth.
- To serve, pour the soup into shallow bowls. Slice the remaining avocado half and place on top of soup and garnish with thyme. Serve them with some toasty bread.
Love trying all the new food fads? Check how these Everyday Recipes Turn Gluten-Free