Beat the monsoon blues with some hot soup and a good book by your side. Warm your soul with lip smacking flavours that will give your palate a taste of the season. Indulge in these 5 hot soups that are easy to whip up with the freshest ingredients.
1. Ginger Goodness
Enjoy a delicious bowl of ginger soup while you enjoy the weather.Ginger is a powerful ingredient that helps soothe all your digestive and nausea problems. To relish the soup in the right way, make sure you add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
This Ginger Carrot soup is like a warm hug in a bowl, perfect to sip on a rainy day.
• 2 Tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 4 cloves of garlic ,minced
• 1 teaspoon of ginger, grated
• 900 grams of Carrot, peeled and diced finely
• 6 cups of vegetable broth
• Fresh Exotic Flat/ Curled Parsley to garnish
1.In a large stockpot or a saucepan with a big bottom, heat olive oil and sauté the onions. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1- 2 minutes until the garlic becomes tender.
2. Add the carrots and the broth and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
3. Continue to cook until carrots can be easily pierced with a fork and are tender enough to eat.
4. Blend soup with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend till it gets a smooth texture like a puree.
5. Garnish with some fresh parsley on top and serve with a side dish of bread.
2. Mushroom Marvel
Add a twist to the classic creamy mushroom soup with mouth-watering toppings. Complement your tasty mushroom soup with truffle oil, fresh chives and a ton of parmesan cheese shavings. What’s more? Indulge in a beautiful warm baguette to give your soup company!
• 2 tablespoons of onions, diced
• 2 Shoots of fresh Exotic Thyme
• 225 grams of fresh Box Mushrooms – chopped
• 945 ml of chicken/ Vegetable Stock
• 1 cup of heavy cream or Whipping Cream
• 8 teaspoons of White Truffle Oil
1. In a heavy bottomed soup pot or a saucepan, sauté the onions and the thyme in the olive oil for 1 or 2 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms; season with salt & pepper and cook till they soften up for about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock, bring to a boil, skim, then reduce to low heat and cover the sauce pan. Let it simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Add the cream, bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Then remove from heat.
5. When the soup cools, puree it either in a blender or with a hand mixer.
1.Warm the soup over medium high heat.
2. Pour in the white truffle oil in the serving bowl.
3. Pour the soup into individual cups and garnish for adding extra flavour.
3. Avocado Appeal
For the avocado addict in you, this hot soup is sure to cheer you up this season! The creamy consistency and delectable taste will leave you wanting more. To make your soup intensely flavorful add broccoli stems to it. Garnish a pinch of salt and devour it with a dollop of cream.
This creamy broccoli and avocado soup will warm you up instantly! Garnish with the broccoli florets to add a refined touch to your soup.
• 1 tablespoon of Healthy Alternative Olive Oil
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 3 stalks of Exotic Celery, diced
• 4 cups of Exotic Broccoli, peeled and chopped
• 1 teaspoon of Exotic Thyme
• ½-1 teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
• 4 cups of water
• 1 medium sized Indian/ Imported avocado
• 3 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
• 1 ½ tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Roasted Pumpkin seeds for garnishing
1.Heat some olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the diced onion, stir and cook until they soften up for about 4 minutes then add the garlic and cook until the garlic has browned a little.
3. Add the diced stalks of celery and cook for another 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
4. While stirring the broccoli mixture, add thyme, curry powder and the sea salt. Mix well.
5. Add water and bring to boil and cover the saucepan and continue to cook until the soup turns bright green and tender for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let it cool slightly.
6. Transfer the soup to blend in a blender and puree while adding the avocado and 3 teaspoons of lime or lemon juice.
7. Pour the blended soup into serving bowls and add the garnish.
4. Tomato Temptation
If tomato soup is your all-time favourite, we know just the thing to add a refreshing twist to it. Churn up a tantalizing tomato and basil soup. The tinge of spice will bring out the flavor of the fresh tomatoes. Some crunchy cheese toasts accompany the smooth, creamy soup well.
• 450 grams of Exotic Cherry Red Tomatoes
• 1 kg Roma tomatoes cut in half
• medium onion, cut into chunks
• 7 cloves of garlic
• 3 large carrots, cut in half
• ⅓ cup Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil
• Organic Rock Salt and Healthy Alternatives Organic Black Pepper Whole, grounded
• 4 cups of vegetable/ chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
• ½ teaspoon of Red Chili Flakes
• 2-3 tablespoons of Wingreens Farms Basil Pesto
1.Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, onions, garlic, and carrots on a large baking sheet.
2. Drizzle some olive oil over them and sprinkle salt and pepper, toss to mix. Place the baking tray in the oven and allow the ingredients to bake for 1 hour.
3. Check on the ingredients every 30 minutes and give them a gentle toss.
4. Transfer the ingredients along with any tomato secretions from the baking tray to a blender and blend the vegetables until they are completely smooth. For a smooth texture strain run the puree.
5. Transfer the puree into a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and allow the soup to heat all the way through for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes. Add two tablespoons of the basil pesto for an extra punch of basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with some cheese toasts.
5. Pumpkin Paradise
There’s nothing better than the lingering scent of fresh thai ingredients! Mix up your pumpkin soup with thai ingredients to deliver a soup that is one notch higher to the classic pumpkin soup. A few chucks of tofu or peas will be the perfect twist to your soup.
1.In a large saucepan cook the red curry paste over medium heat for about one minute. Add the broth and the pumpkin puree while stirring.
2. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the soup starts to bubble. Add the coconut milk and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with a drizzle of the reserved coconut milk and sliced red chili with additional cilantro leaves.
Are you ready to start souping? Get your ingredients here