We all know the goodness of super foods, but can there be something even better? Of course! Super food Powders! Just imagine all the natural, raw nutritional goodness of your favourite super foods grounded into perfectly satisfactory powders that can be added to various dishes in a jiffy making our lives simpler and healthier!
We came up with some easy to make recipes to utilize these nutrient-packed potent powders.
1. Double Green Iced Matcha Latte
You must have heard Matcha Tea doing a lot of rounds lately and rightfully so! Not only does it help in detoxification of the body, but also helps in relaxing and calming the nerves. It is an antioxidant powerhouse and also helps in weight loss as it burns calories and boosts metabolism.
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour over with ice and enjoy!
2. Maca Fruit Salad
A sweet-flavored root from Peru, maca is chock full of bone-healthy calcium. Being rich in antioxidants, it also enhances energy and memory. Go for a healthier dessert option with this recipe.
1. Mix the milk and Maca powder in a blender bottle or in a blender.
2. Pour over sliced fruit. Serve chilled.
3. Broccoli Spirulina Frittata
Don’t be alarmed by the slightly fishy flavour of this freshwater algae—it will likely disappear when you cook it. Spirulina powder helps in improving your immune system and also acts as a natural detoxifier. It is a great source of iron, protein, and calcium too.
Give more boost to your regular omelets by adding this super food powder to it!
• 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
• 8 Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country Eggs
• 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 sliced onion
• 2 tbsp. water
• Grounded Healthy Alternatives Black Pepper Powder Whole
• 1 tbsp. spirulina powder
1. Add 1 tbsp. coconut oil to an oven-proof skillet and lightly brown the garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Add in the broccoli and cook for about a minute. Stir in the water, season with salt and pepper and cook over a moderate heat until the water is absorbed by the broccoli. Leave to cool.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the spirulina powder and grated cheese. Add the cooked broccoli from the frying pan.
3. Put the frying pan back over a medium heat and add rest of the coconut oil. Pour the egg and broccoli mixture into the frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake until set for around 10 minutes. Serve hot.
4. Acai Bowl
The native of the Amazon, Acai berries are a sweet yet tart relative of the blueberries. These super berries contain a complex blend of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Start your day with this easy to whip up a power-packed healthy breakfast!
• 4 tbsp. acai powder
• 1 cup raspberries
• 1 cup strawberries
• 1 cup almond milk
• ½ cup baby spinach leaves
• 1 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Honey
• 1 sliced banana
• Healthy Alternatives Organic Chia Seeds
1. Blend the acai powder, berries, milk, spinach leaves and honey together. Add a little more almond milk or water if it is too thick. The texture should be a little thicker than a regular smoothie.
2. Add the banana, almonds and chia seeds as toppings!
5. Moringa Guacamole Spread
Moringa Powder is made from naturally-dried moringa leaves and has a delicious spinach flavour. Rich in vitamins, this superfood powder is great for skin and hair. It also helps in controlling blood pressure and boosting stamina.
1. Smash the avocado completely with a fork.
2. Add all the ingredients and mix well. Done!
Looking for some more healthy inspiration? Try Easy Recipes With Chia Seeds