Do you know what a paleo diet is? The Paleo diet (otherwise known as the caveman diet) is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that helps you stay lean, strong, and energetic! The Paleo Diet is an effort to go back to eating how we’re biologically designed to eat, allowing us to tap into our genetic potential and start living healthier immediately.
What’s on the menu?
Fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, fresh meat – the paleo diet is all about eating foods straight from the Earth. Anything that comes in a box, jar, or bag should be avoided on the paleo diet. That means no grains, dairy, added salt, or legumes (including peanuts, beans, lentils, and soybeans). The Paleo Diet also almost completely eradicates sugar. Unless you’re getting your sugar from a fruit, forget it. Sugar causes an energy spike and crash in your system, turns to fat unless it’s used immediately, and wreaks all kind of havoc on our bodies.
So, no grains, no sugar, no processed foods. Many studies have shown that an incredible number of diseases and lifestyle issues can be reversed with these three simple changes.
Paleo diet isn’t just about food, even exercise is vital. Our ancestors had to hunt for their food and were constantly on the move!
Benefits of Paleo Diet:
• Healthy Brain- Omega 3 fatty acids contains DHA which is known to be good for the eyes, heart, and most importantly for brain development and function.
• Healthy Cells- The paleo diet naturally provides a perfect balance of fats because it includes saturated and unsaturated fats in healthy quantities.
• More Muscles, Less Fat – The paleo diet relies heavily on animal flesh and with it comes healthy protein.
• Get all your Vitamins and Minerals- Vegetables are a large part of the diet. The different colours of veggies are dependent on the nutrients they contain.
• Better Digestion – The paleo diet improves digestion.
• Less Allergies- The paleo diet suggests that you minimize foods that are known to be allergic to certain people.
• Reduce Inflammation- Inflammation may be the leading factor behind cardiovascular disease. The great thing about the paleo diet is that a lot of the foods are anti-inflammatory so you will me minimizing your risk.
• More Energy- With the paleo diet you strategically choose the right foods for any occasion.
• Weight Loss- The paleo diet is a low carb diet. Simply removing processed foods which will drastically reduce your carb intake to fuel weight loss.
• Reduces the Risk of Diseases- The paleo diet makes it easy to avoid junk food and it will ensure you eat whole foods which limits your risk for diseases
It’s easy to see why the paleo diet is a great diet for your health. Try the diet today to start feeling healthier.
Find all the ingredients you need to follow the Paleo diet here.