Dreading the treadmill time you’ll have to clock to burn off those holiday calories? Worry no more, go the healthy way with these quick recipes and keep your health regime on the right track.
For the dressing:
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Healthy Alternatives olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
• ½ garlic clove, crushed
• 1 drop of vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon rice syrup or agave
• 50gms salad leaves (garnish)
1.Add 2 portions of water to 1 portion of Healthy Alternatives quinoa and boil for 10-15 mins until cooked and set it aside.
2. Make the dressing by adding the Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil, vinegar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, rice syrup, pinch of salt and garlic into a jug and whisk until smooth.
3. Add this to the quinoa and mix together with tomatoes, cucumber and parsley.
4. Serve on a bed of salad leaves.
Red lentil and carrot soup
1.Put the water (add quantity) to boil.
2. Heat the oil in a medium pan, add onions and fry for 2 mins.
3. Add garlic, cloves and carrots to the pan, and cook briefly on a low flame.
4. Pour 500ml of the boiling water, stir in the lentils and add the vegetable stock.
5. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 15 mins until the lentils are tender.
6. Take off the heat and add parsley.
7. Pour it into the number of bowls needed and enjoy.
Asian Chicken Salad
• 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon caster sugar
• 100gms kale or lettuce leaves
• Coriander, chopped
• ¼ onion, thinly sliced
• ½ chili, deseeded and thinly sliced
• ¼ cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
1.Put fresh chicken in a pan and cover it with cold water. Then bring the water to boil and cook for 10 mins.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and tear it into shreds.
3. Stir it with the fish sauce, lime zest, juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
4. Place the leaves, kale or lettuce leaves and coriander in a container, then top it with the chicken, onion, chili, and cucumber. Place the dressing in a separate container and garnish the salad with it right before serving.
Find all the freshest ingredients you need only at www.naturesbasket.co.in