It is such a hassle to decide what to cook every night! It can be an overwhelming task, not to mention, a pain in the neck to come home to cook after a long day! But what if we told you that we have got you covered with these quick, easy and above all healthy meals! We have even given you some microwave recipes that help eliminate extra cleaning and clearing!
1. Crustless Spinach And Cheese Quiche
Who doesn’t love a well-cooked quiche? And if it means no hot pot to deal with and removing some calories out of the same, it becomes simply irresistible! This recipe uses low-fat cheese and egg substitute to cut down the calories and also skips the crust. There is a healthy dose of spinach there too to add the nutritional punch and colour, making it Instagram click-worthy!
● Butter-flavoured cooking spray
● ¾ cup fresh white chopped mushrooms
● ¼ cup chopped onions
● 2 cups chopped frozen spinach
● 1 tbsp. water
● 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
● ½ cup skimmed milk
● ½ cup diced low-fat cheese
● ¼ tsp. grounded Healthy Alternatives Organic Nutmeg Whole Without Shell
1. Spray a microwaveable casserole dish with the cooking spray. Add mushrooms and onions, cover the dish and microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Place the spinach and water on top of the mushroom mixture. Cover and microwave on high for about 3 minutes to a half minute more.
3. Uncover and break up spinach, flipping it over. Microwave again for 3 minutes. After removing, drain if there is too much liquid.
4. In a separate bowl, combine egg substitute and milk. Stir in the cheese and nutmeg. Stir spinach, mushrooms and onions in a casserole dish to combine. Pour egg-milk-cheese mixture on top, cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Serve!
2. Egg Fried Rice In A Mug
Surprised to read that fried rice can be made in a mug? This flavoured dish can be made in minutes, especially on the days when you are feeling hungry and impatient.
● 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
● 2 tbsp. frozen peas
● 2 tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
● ½ stalk of sliced green onion
● pinch of mung bean sprouts
● pinch of shredded purple cabbage
● 1 Healthy Alternatives- Free Range Country Eggs
● 1 tbsp. soy sauce
● ½ tsp. sesame oil
● ½ tsp. onion powder
● ¼ tsp. five-spice powder
1. Place the rice into a large mug. Lay the peas, red bell pepper, green onion, mung bean sprouts and cabbage on top. Cover the mug with cling film. Using a knife, puncture one or two small holes through the film and microwave on high for 1 minute 15 seconds.
2. In the meantime, beat the egg and mix in the seasonings (soy sauce, sesame oil, onion powder and five-spice powder). Pour the egg mixture into the mug, and stir with the vegetables and rice.
3. Cover the mug with cling film again, and microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds or a few seconds more. Take the mug out of the microwave, and give everything a good stir. Let the fried rice stand for a minute. Fluff up the rice, using a fork and you’re ready to serve!
3. Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie
This healthy cookie is chewy, soft and packed with fiber. Give into your sugar cravings with this one, and the best part, you can gulp it down without feeling any guilt.
• 1 mashed banana
• 3 tbsp. almond milk
• 3 tbsp. rolled oats
• 2 tbsp. pumpkin
• 1 tbsp. nut butter
• 3 tsp. raisins
• 2 tsp. ground flaxseed
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. In a bowl, combine and mix all the ingredients.
2. Then put the batter in a microwave friendly cookie tray and microwave on high for 4- 5 minutes.
3. Let cool and enjoy!
Adopted a healthy lifestyle and looking for healthier recipes? This take of Everyday Recipes Turn Gluten-Free will help you with eat healthier.