The sprouted fresh leaves of the common wheat plant is the celebrated wheat grass which is believed to have numerous health benefits. Wheatgrass may have become a trendy health superfood now but its usage dates back to thousands of years and was used by ancient Egyptian civilisation for its health benefits. Owing to so many health benefits, wheatgrass is considered a superfood and is part of the current health trend. Currently, staying healthy and keeping up your immunity high is extremely crucial. Hence, we at Nature’sBasket have brought you the Healthy Alternative’s Organic Wheat Grass Powder that will help you with numerous health benefits and recipes. Read on below to know more about wheatgrass powder and how you can consume it.
1. Helps with Digestion
This grass is known to be rich in enzymes which helps in breaking down the food is eaten during the day that further makes the stomach absorb more nutrients. This way the digestion is much better. Not just that, consuming wheatgrass juice empty morning on an empty stomach can also clean the intestines, thus promoting detox.
2. Immunity booster
It has the ability to improve red blood cells, which makes it an excellent immunity booster. So, if you want to make yourself immune during this pandemic, take wheatgrass shots early morning on an empty stomach.
3. Aids in weight loss
If you are looking for a healthy drink that can help you manage your weight then wheatgrass is the answer. Regular intake of wheatgrass juice is said to lower the cholesterol levels while regulating metabolism. Various researches have proven that wheatgrass also contains selenium that can improve thyroid function, which plays an important role in controlling the weight of a person. Also, because it’s loaded with various nutrients and is fibre rich, wheatgrass can control appetite while reducing food cravings.
4. Controls blood sugar levels
This bright grass has an insulin-like compound which when consumed can improve blood sugar levels in a diabetes patient. Consuming it can also lower the Glycaemic Index (GI), which can control blood sugar levels.
Recipes that you can prepare with the wheatgrass powder:
- Wheatgrass latte
- 1⁄2 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- A pinch of cinnamon
- In a small pot, heat the milk on medium-low flame
- In a serving cup, mix the matcha powder, wheatgrass powder and some hot water together. Whisk this until you get a foamy consistency
- Once, the milk is heated pour it into the cup and give it a good stir
- Now, for sweetness, you can add the maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top of the latte for a hint of spice to the sweetness.
2. Wheatgrass smoothie:
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients together and blend until smooth
- Top it off with some ice or seeds for some added healthy crunch!
Looking for more healthy drinks? You can check out 5 Post Workout Meals You Need To Try.