Want to nail a perfect sangria? We have brought to you the best sangria recipe that’ll teleport you to Spain. Sangria comes to us by way of Spain and Portugal and has a long and rich history that dates back to the Middle Ages and was originally aged wine mixed with fruit and spices, such as cinnamon. Our version of sangria is light and bubbly with the addition of seltzer water and the perfect ratio of wine to brandy. You can buy red wine online of your choice from Nature’s Basket.
- 2 bottles red wine (You can also buy red wine online)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 oranges, one juiced and one diced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 lemon, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- optional sweetener: maple syrup
- optional bubbles: lemon-lime soda, ginger ale or sparkling water
- Add the wine, brandy, orange juice, diced orange, diced apple, diced lemon and cinnamon stick to a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Taste and add in a few tablespoons of sweetener, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Serve the sangria over ice, topping off each glass with a splash of bubbly soda (or sparkling water) if desired.
You can serve this amazing sangria with a cheese platter or some entrees at your house party!
At Nature’s Basket we have a variety of wine from domestic to imported. You can get your hands on the most elite wine brands only at Nature’s Basket.