Whether it’s a Sunday brunch or a late-night meal at home, these avocado recipes will not disappoint you. The silky-smooth fruit is a great accomplice for an assortment of dishes. Read on to satiate your appetite with a healthy twist.
Creamy Avocado Yoghurt Dip
We love avocados and we love yogurt. Put them together and you have got the creamiest, luscious dip ever! This healthy dip is easy to make and will definitely be great to serve at both, small and big, occasions.
Ingredients (serves 4):
• Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon of finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
• 1/2 cup of plain fat-free Greek yogurt
• 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
• 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
• Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving
• 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
1.Place the avocados, garlic, yogurt, cilantro, jalapeño, and Healthy Alternatives cumin in a blender and add lime juice.
2.Stir/mix until smooth.
3.Season the mix with salt and pepper, to taste.
4.Remove the dip into a serving bowl and serve with various chips and snacks.
Turn your regular night-time pasta into an unforgettable indulgent meal. All you need is a few ripe avocados and you are ready to create a classic.
Toss the avocado sauce with your favorite pasta, whether it be spaghetti, ravioli, or farfalle, you will not be disappointed.
Ingredients (4 servings)
• 2 ripe avocados
• 12 ounces of pasta
• 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
• 1/3 cup of Healthy Alternatives olive oil
1.Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Once cooked, drain the pasta.
2. To make the avocado sauce, you have to combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Then season with some salt and pepper, to taste.
3. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, avocado sauce, and some cherry tomatoes.
4. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more pasta water. Serve immediately.
Burgers and fries? More like Avocado Fries. Everyone puts avocados on toast, but why don’t you break the ice and try these crispy, delicious fries instead. These lip-smacking fires are crunchy and crispy on
the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside.When it comes to fried food, avocado fries could be the next big thing!
Ingredients: (serves 2-4)
• 2 firm avocados
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
• 1 1/2 cups of panko or regular breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup flour
• Cooking spray
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1.Heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare the ingredients for the coating in 3 separate bowls. Brush the flour, salt, and pepper in the first bowl. Beat the eggs in the second bowl. Lastly, place the breadcrumbs in the last bowl.
3. Slice the avocados to perfection. Skin the avocados and discard the skin.
4. Flour the avocado slice. Then coat with egg, and finally add some breadcrumbs all around it.
5. Dip the avocado slice in the egg. Making sure that it is completely coated.
6. Dip the avocado slice in breadcrumbs, making sure it is well-coated.
7. Place the slice on the baking sheet and repeat this process with all the avocado slices.
8. Cook the avocado fries with the cooking spray.
9. Bake the avocado fries until they are golden-brown. This should take about 15-20 minutes. Flip the slices during this process to ensure a golden-brown look all over.
10. Cool the avocado fries for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Are you ready to avocado? Get your ingredients here.
Can’t get over avocado? Check out this avocado chocolate mousse recipe!