Fresh Truffles have a strict hunting calendar, which – following the biological life cycle of the fungi – states with precision when each variety can forage. So, what to do when it’s not truffle time? Truffle honey can be your saviour! This truffle flavoured honey can be the best way to use truffle in various recipes be it desserts or savoury! Truffle honey serves many decadent purposes and is most often paired with cheeses, salty meats and crispy pieces of bread. You may choose to drizzle truffle honey over ice-cream, fruits and other desserts, while many choose to use it in a marinade or to baste the meat.
Once opened, truffle honey should be kept in a cool, dark place – but it is a good idea to make use of your stash as soon as possible, as the fragrance will diminish over time. The strength of the truffles’ aroma will often vary depending on the type of tree it has grown alongside.
You can enjoy this viscous treat spread over fish, make like the Italians do and end your meal with some truffle honey drizzled atop aged cheese and figs, pour it over some grilled asparagus and olive oil. We at Nature’s Basket have brought you the easiest of recipes that you can create with the delicious and rich truffle honey.
Read on below to prepare these tasty and easy dishes with truffle honey from Nature’s Basket.com.
- To prepare a bruschetta you need to begin with the tomato mixture
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet or saucepan, add garlic and sauté until just starting to turn golden
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool while you chop the tomatoes and basil
- Now, pour the tomatoes into the bowl with cooled oil mixture. Add the ricotta basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss mixture well. Serve right away over toasted bread and garnish with more parmesan if desired
- To toast the bread: Align bread slices on an 18-by-13-inch baking sheet
- Broil the first side until golden brown, then flip slices to the opposite side and broil opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve by drizzling some of the truffle honey on top and enjoy!
2. Mini Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 3 tablespoons truffle honey
- 1/4 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 6 slices of white sandwich bread
- 3 slices of cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish
- In another small bowl, stir together the honey and truffle oil. Smear one side of the bread slices with mayonnaise mixture
- Top 3 slices of bread with cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush the top bread slices with half the melted butter
- Place the sandwiches into the skillet, buttered side down. Brush the top bread slices with the remaining butter
- Now, cook until the bread is toasted and cheese melts, about 3 minutes per side
- Cut each sandwich into 8 triangles and place on a serving dish
- Drizzle some of the truffle honey over the triangles and serve immediately with the remaining honey on the side for dipping.
Craving for more honey? Read on to Honey And Its Benefits.