A healthy substitute to your regular frozen desserts such as ice cream; these frozen treats make for delicious snacks all summer long. Yogurt has numerous health benefits as it’s packed with calcium as well as being a great source of high-quality protein and probiotics. Add a punch of fruits to the mix to make these treats tastier and healthier than ever. Try these simple yogurt based recipes at home for a refreshing twist to your summer desserts.
Strawberry Yogurt Bark
Enjoy this flavorful yogurt bark this summer, which perfectly balances the right mix of crisp, creamy and sweet. We have used fresh strawberries and chocolate chips in this recipe but you can make your own with your favorite flavours.
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. Using a rubber spatula, mix yogurt, honey, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
3. Pour into the center of prepared sheet and spread to 1/4″ thick.
4. Top with raspberries and chocolate chips.
5. Freeze until completely firm, about 4 hours.
6. Break into pieces to serve.
Chocoberry Frozen Yogurt
The flavourful blueberry, combined with smooth yogurt is a go to dessert on a sunny afternoon. This easy to make fro-yo is delicious and a healthy alternative to regular ice-cream. What’s more, it’s loaded with the goodness of blueberries, which are great antioxidants.
1. Place the diced blueberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. While the mixture is heating, mash up the berries.
4. When all the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Place contents in a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Mix blueberry puree, milk, chocolate shavings and yogurt together in a bowl.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
8. The longer the mixture chills the better (can chill overnight).
Hand pick all the ingredients from Nature’s Basket this summer. Shop online or find the nearest store. Click here.