Rice is a versatile ingredient that has a different variation in each cuisine. Right from the all faithful fried rice, to the decadent biryani, we are often spoilt for choice when it comes to this ingredient.
With 3 delicious recipes for you to try out, we bring to you the veggie rice mania! So bring out your aprons and get cooking.
- Easy Peasy Broccoli Rice
We love broccoli. We love cheese. Bring these two together and we have a delicious meal that is ready to be served! This makes for a great healthy meal and often brings one guilt-free pleasure. It is vegetarian, egg-free and nut-free too!
- ½ Broccoli Head
- 1 Cup Healthy Alternatives Organic Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pepper as needed
- Lemon Juice for Garnish
- First, cook the rice and set aside. Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into florets and wash them
- Place them into a food processor and pulse until shredded
- Sauté the broccoli in a pan with oil for a few minutes or until they soften. Add the rice and sprinkle the cheese on top. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat or until the cheese has melted. Season with lemon juice, pepper and salt
- Serve hot!
2. Cauliflower Rice
This healthy take on the evergreen fried rice is a delicious and healthy alternative. It requires very little oil and that’s what makes it super healthy as compared to restaurant-style fried rice.
- 240 grams Cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 6 Ounces Broccoli, Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Peeled And Grated
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 2 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Seed
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles the fineness of rice and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet (low heat). Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through. Let it cool.
- In a larger skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil (medium-high heat)
- Add the garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until the onions become translucent
- Add in the broccoli, carrots, corn and peas, and stir constantly until the vegetables are cooked through for about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle salt as needed
- Now, stir in the cauliflower, eggs, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook until the cauliflower is tender
- Serve hot!
3. Carrot Rice
Healthy and super easy to make – this delicious carrot rice is every beginner chef’s lifesaver!
- Rice– 1 Cup
- Carrot – ¾ Cup Finely Grated
- Onion-1 Finely Chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Peanuts 1 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder– 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves– 2 Tsp Finely Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Take the cooked rice and spread it on a plate
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add peanuts to it and fry till nicely browned
- In the same pan, add the items listed under ‘to temper’ and cook till it starts to crackle
- Add the onion and ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the ingredients turn slightly browned
- Next, add the freshly grated carrot and sauté for a while till it shrinks
- Season with salt and add the red chilli and garam masala
- Sauté till the spices blend with the veggies. Add the peanuts and rice and mix well
- Cook over a low flame for 3 minutes and sprinkle coriander leaves on top
- Serve it hot with some crispy papad.
Satiate your rice cravings with these recipes and for all your ingredients, step into Nature’s Basket!