Appetizers are a must for every get together, whether it be a casual family party or an elegant Cocktail Party. These vegetarian appetizers are quick and easy to prepare so that you spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests.
Eggplant and Mint Bruschetta
• 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 medium onion, cut into layers.
• 4 plum tomatoes, cut into halves
• 4 tablespoons Healthy Alternatives Olive oil
• Healthy Alternatives salt
• ground pepper
• 4 slices L’exclusif bread, 1/4 inch thick
• 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place bread on another baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Divide eggplant, onion, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons oil between two rimmed baking sheets. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Roast until eggplant is tender, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
4. Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium bowl. Add mint; toss with remaining tablespoon oil and lemon juice. Divide eggplant mixture among bread slices, top with feta, and serve.
Mozzarella, Cherry Tomato and Olive Skewers
• Mozzarella cheese cut into 1inch cubes
• Canned Olives
• Basil, crushed
• Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil
• Healthy Alternatives Salt
1. In a medium sized bowl, put together the mozzarella Cheese cubes, cherry tomatoes and olives.
2. Drizzle some Olive oil and then sprinkle some basil and salt over them. Cover the veggies in Basil and salt.
3. Take Small size skewers and assemble the mozzarella cubes with the tomatoes and olives. Enjoy your skewers with your choice of wine.
Southwest Black Bean and Avocado Tea Sandwiches
• 1 can black beans, drained
• 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
• 1/2 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
• Healhy Alternatives salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
• Juice of 1 lemon
• ½ bowl chopped onion
• 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes or jalapeno seeds
• 24 slices L’exclusif white bread
1. In a food processor combine beans, onion, jalapeno, garlic, red-pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pulse until smooth and thick. Add water if necessary, to reach spreadable consistency.
2. Transfer to medium bowl, and stir in cilantro.
3. In another bowl, gently toss avocado with lime juice to prevent browning.
4. Assemble the sandwiches: Spread black-bean mixture on two slices of bread; layer one slice tossed avocado, and place the other slice on top of it. Using a serrated knife, trim crusts and cut into triangles. Cover with a damp paper towel until ready to serve.
Visit www.naturesbasket.co.in to view our range of fresh vegetables. Also please do share your recipes with us.