Merry Christmas to you all! Christmas is the most favourite time of the year. You get to eat almost all your favourite foods, with the lovely addition of Christmas music and insane festivity. Everyone should enjoy Christmas and that’s why we have put together these delicious vegan Christmas recipes. Read on in detail to make these mouthwatering vegan Christmas recipes.
1. Vegan Christmas Pudding
Do you have vegan guests for Christmas and confused about the dessert? Don’t worry we have the ultimate vegan Christmas pudding for you. It is dark, rich, fruity and moist. This pudding is on the lighter side as compared to the regular dense puddings. Read on to make this delicious vegan Christmas pudding recipe.
- 375 gm dried figs
- 75 ml almond milk
- 350 gm raisins
- 1 large apple
- 85 gm brown sugar
- 100 gm bread crumbs
- 100 gm self-rising flour
- ½ tsp. mixed spice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Grease a large pudding bowl with olive oil. Also, grease the baking parchment and layer the edges
- In a mixer, mix – dried figs and olive oil until a smooth paste
- Now, in a large mixing bowl mix, raisins, apple, flour, mixed spices, bread crumbs
- Stir everything together and spoon everything into your pudding bowl.
2. Sizzled Sprouts with Pistachios and Pomegranate
Add a deliciously different side dish to your Christmas spread. These pan-fried sprouts are perfect appetizers for your vegan guests.
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 500 gm Brussel sprouts
- 50 gm pistachios
- 100 gm pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oil in medium pan over a medium heat
- Place the sprouts in the pan cut side down and fry for 10-15 minutes, tossing occasionally
- Scatter over the pistachios and toast them until toasted
- Now, remove from the heat and stir in the pomegranate
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
3. Cranberry and Lentil Bake
A fresh take on vegan cranberry and lentil bake for you. It is made with delicious blend of lentils and cranberry. Read on to make this delicious juicy bake.
- 25 gm dried cranberry
- 1 tbsp. red wine
- 125 gm cooked lentils
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp. sage chopped
- ½ tbsp. chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp. tomato pure
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. corn flour
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease the oven proof ramekin with oil
- In a small pan add cranberries, wine and cook for few minutes
- Pour the mixture into the ramekin
- Now, put the lentils in a bowl and mash half of them
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened
- Stir in the garlic and other herbs for another minute
- Turn off the heat and add lentils tomato puree, soy sauce and corn flour
- Add the mixture to the ramekin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Leave to cool for 1 minute before you turn them onto the plate.
Make your vegan guests feel special by stirring up these delicious vegan Christmas dishes this year.
Buy all the required ingredients at Nature’s Basket store now!