It is officially that time of the year again when we pour ourselves hearty portions of Christmas drinks. But you might want to re-think, you’d be astounded by the amount of sugar they pump into those Christmas drinks. Sure, they look cute in their snowman cups, but there’s nothing festive about consuming high sugar. We at Nature’s Basket have found the perfect solution for you, to enjoy festive drinks with a healthy twist. Read on to make these delicious and healthy vegan drinks to stay warm this winter.
- Vegan Hot Chocolate
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, starch and salt
- Now, take a saucepan and heat the milk and vanilla over medium heat until steaming
- Add 2 tbsp. of the hot milk into the cocoa mixture and stir until smooth
- Now pour the cocoa mixture into the milk pan, bring it to boil for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes
- Serve hot!
2. Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Love the ultimate pumpkin spice latte, but recently turned vegan? Don’t worry, we have you sorted with this vegan recipe.
- 1 ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup hot espresso
- In a medium saucepan combine water, agave nectar, pumpkin spice and place over medium heat. Bring to boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Heat the almond milk over medium heat and froth the milk stirring vigorously
- Pour the espresso into a serving mug and stir-in the pumpkin spice syrup
- Pour the milk into the mug, holding the foam back with the help of a spoon
- Spoon the foam over a latte and sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.
3. Vegan Chai Latte
- 5 cups of water
- 8 bags of black tea
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 10- green cardamom pods
- 10-star anise
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 cup cashew milk
- Coconut sugar to taste
- In a pot, add – tea bags, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, black peppercorns and bring it to a boil
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes
- Now, remove the tea bags and let it simmer for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and strain liquids into a jar
- Pour equal parts of the chai and add cashew milk over. Warm it up before serving
- Add the coconut sugar to taste
4. Hot Apple Cider
This drink is perfect for the chilly nights to keep you warm. Read on to make our take on hot apple cider vinegar.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 2-star anise
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ orange thinly sliced
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the apple juice
- Now, add the cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, anise, ginger and lemon zest
- Cover the mixture and let it heat on low medium heat for 20 minutes
- Add the orange slices during the last 5 minutes
- Now, turn off the heat and strain to remove spices and fruits
- Serve immediately!
5. Vegan Pepper Mint Drinking Chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk and stir continuously until warm for 5 minutes
- Once the milk is hot, add the chocolate and sugar and whisk until it melts
- Make sure the chocolate is completely melted
- Now, remove from the heat and add the peppermint extract.
Make all these vegan drinks and keep yourself warm this winter. Buy all the ingredients at your nearest Nature’s Basket store now!