Summersare filled with loads of fun, but it is important to keep the body hydrated.Whether you’re off on a getaway, taking a dip in the pool or a walk in thepark, it is imperative to drink enough water and include foods in
Here’s 8 tips to stay hydrated this summer:
1.Start the day with glass of water. Add lime for some freshness if you need. Follow this up with a wholesome breakfast comprising of a banana-apple smoothie. Blend ½ cup orange juice, 1 banana, 1 peeled apple and ¼ cup low-fat milk for a low calorie but highly nutritious liquid intake.
2. Infuse pitchers of water with slices of lemon, cucumber, berries and mint leaves to add a tasty punch to water intake. You won’t have another reason to avoid drinking water anymore. Easily carry this in a bottle on the go.
3. Add some citrus fruits such as oranges, sweetlime, watermelon and berries as part of your daily snack and a mid-day boost.
4. Make a refreshing fresh fruit popsicles with 100% natural fruits, coconut water, honey and chia seeds for a chilled, sweet and refreshing yet healthy evening drink.
5. Include veggies such as broccoli, zucchini, celery and cucumber in your diet as they are a high source of fibres and water.
6. Have some aloe vera gel ready to cool off your skin after an afternoon out in the sun.
7. Use cucumbers to rest your eyes at the end of a long day.
8. Include yoghurt as a part of your daily meal. Refrigerated curd immediately cools down the body and can be topped with some delicious fruits.
So beat the heat this summer by including these summer essential in your diet. Get the freshest produce from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or at a store nearest to you. Click here.