Everybody likes to munch on some chips and dips every once in a while. Whether it is a game day or you just need to keep yourself energized while working, a bag of nachos does the trick. While they do make a great appetizer, you can always turn them into a full meal. They are incredibly versatile and go together with a variety of ingredients. We have come up with a couple of recipes for those days where you feel like spicing up your ordinary nachos.
Read on to find out how to make these dishes.
- Breakfast Nachos
Add a bit of fun and flavour to your breakfast with this recipe. With only a couple of minutes to prepare, this nacho dish makes for a wholesome and delicious breakfast.
Take a look at how this dish is made.
- 4 bags tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 scrambled large eggs
- 4 cooked and chopped bacon strips
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced avocados
- ½ cup of salsa
- ¼ cup cut and chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Add a baking sheet on the baking tray. Arrange the bags of tortilla chips as a layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes till they turn brown
- Take the tray out of the oven and add both the cheeses, eggs, and bacon. Season it with ½ tsp of salt and ground pepper
- Place the tray back in the oven for 10 minutes till the cheese melts
- Pull the tray out of the oven and top it off with avocados, salsa, and green onions. Voila! Your dish is now ready to be served
2. Pulled Chicken Nachos
This dish is made with the help of a slow cooker. You can even use your leftover chicken from the previous night to make this recipe.
Check out how to prepare this dish.
- 4 bags of tortilla chips
- 2 chicken breasts trimmed
- ½ kg rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
- ½ kg shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh and chopped cilantro
- 2 cups barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and keep it aside
- In a small bowl, add ½ cup of barbeque sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Give it a good whisk
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, placed in the cooker. With the flame on high, cook the chicken for 2-3 hours till it starts getting tender
- Remove the chicken from the heat and shred
- Add the shredded chicken back into the cooker along with another ½ cup of barbeque sauce and give it a good mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a baking sheet on an oven tray and add 2 bags of tortilla chips for the first layer
- Add half of the shredded chicken and, black beans, jalapenos, onions and cheese
- Add the remaining tortilla chips and repeat the toppings
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or till the cheese melts
- Garnish it with fresh cilantro and serve immediately
3. Pizza Nachos
This makes a perfect party snack and side dish. You get the best of both worlds – Italian and Mexican with this dish!
Scroll down to know how it is made.
- 1 tortilla chips bag
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Add a baking sheet on top of the oven tray and add the tortilla chips
- Drizzle 1 cup of marinara sauce over the chips and add 1 ½ cup of mozzarella, ½ cup of chopped cilantro, a couple of black olives and ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- Add the second layer of chips and repeat step 3. Place it inside the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts completely
- 6. Garnish it with parsley and your dish is ready to be served!
CTA: You can buy the ingredients from the nearest Natures Basket store to make these dishes!