The mouthwatering brilliance of a beautifully fried chicken is something that every foodie can agree on. The crispy exterior and the soft juicy interior of the chicken make for the best meal. The subtle yet striking flavours and the crunchy outer skin makes the fried chicken a favourite amongst foodies.
We often rely on fast food chains to satiate our hunger for the dish. Making it at home is a task in itself and one can get intimidated by the adventure!
Let’s put an end to that! Here is a simple recipe for the perfect fried chicken for you to try at home!
- 1 Egg
- Healthy Alternatives Lake Salt, to taste
- White Peppe
- 1 Cup Maida
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 cups Bread Crumbs
- Break an egg in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add salt and white pepper to the egg.
- In another bowl, add the maida, salt, red chilli powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder, oregano, chilli flakes, the white pepper and basil.
- Mix all of it thoroughly
- In another bowl, add the chicken drumsticks
- Add the salt and white pepper to the bowl and evenly coat the chicken. Let it marinate for an hour
To Prepare Chicken:
- Take the chicken pieces one at a time, and coat it thoroughly with the spice mixture, egg mixture and bread crumbs respectively
- Then deep fry it in a pan filled with hot oil
- Set aside on a paper towel to remove the excess oil
- Serve hot!
This is a simple recipe that will help you recreate restaurant style fried chicken at home! For all your ingredients, there is Nature’s Basket.